Monday, January 12, 2015

Post Christmas aka January


After Christmas with the Wings, we spent New Years Eve with the Nellys, Nelsons, and Harrisons. Here's how we do New Years now a days. We BARELY made it to midnight. We are such party animals.

Between New Years and the start of school we still had about a week of break and it was wonderful. We tried to take full advantage of our last 2 week Christmas break. We went to the RB like every morning, slept in, stayed up late, made fun dinners, and tried to do a family activity every day.

One activity that we did right before school was a trip down to the Springville Nicklemania. It was a little too old for Kelsey but we found stuff that she could do too. It was not crowded at all ( I love when all the students are gone!) and so we really could do anything we wanted.

Kelsey literally climbed up into the gate to drop the skee ball in. I could't move fast enough to stop her.

She loved the knock em' games and obviously the candy vending machine

Not to rub it in, but I beat Ethan at the basketball game. I honestly think that its because I'm THAT bad at real basketball so I can out perform in fake basketball. Kelsey loved the merry-go-rounds. So much so that she would follow families around and when they would pay she would quickly hop on with their kids. It was fine once because you all just share a like, but then she turned into "THAT" kid and we had to distract her from the merry-go-rounds. 



Luckily she thought air hockey was awesome. As a whole, I think the favorite game was the pac man game that we all got to play and eat each other. It was so much fun. 


Kelsey is a social butterfly. She hardly naps anymore because she doesn't want to miss out.  After Christmas however, we noticed that Kelsey would go off on her own a lot more to just be with her babies and toys. We worked really hard to get her gifts that were a little bit "older" and I think we nailed it. Santa brought her a baby that cries and laughs and every time it laughs, Kelsey laughs and every time it cries, Kelsey runs to get its bottle or blanket or something to make "white baby" (she has a white dress) feel better. She also will sit and read to baby for hours or make her food. Its so cute to watch her play with her toys and be a little mommy.


Kelsey also loves to dance. Nothing new. Over the break one of our favorite things to do was to watch the BYU cheerleaders practice and Kelsey would copy them. One of her toys from Grandma Nelson plays music and Kelsey dances to it at least 5 times a day and a lot of those times baby has to join her. She is such a happy little girl and I love watching her enter into this new stage of play and personality.

Kelsey also LOVES to wear dresses and skirts. Typically she wears both. For Christmas however I got her a shirt and I feel like it was a personal victory because I can get her to wear it! No skirt, no dress on top, just the shirt and pants! I love it. She also wears the other shirt I bought her but thats because she thinks its a dress. Doesn't matter... I got her to wear a t-shirt!

Here is Ethan the day before school. Such a handsome man.
I told them to both look at me and smile and they looked down and said cheese. It was so funny, but I also didn't get my picture for a few attempts.

The Saturday after school started, January 10th, we were all feeling a bit of the free time blues and went to Lowes Extreme Bounce house. Instant hit.





Kelsey was a little hesitant of the foam pits because she thought they were swimming pools (and they are the grossest things on the planet) but luckily she has a super fun dad and found out just how much fun they can be. I wanted to play with them so badly, but I'm really glad that they had a fun time.

And with that we are into the New Year officially. We are adjusting to Ethan's new schedule and are figuring out ways to be Ethan-less again. Also every now and then we remember that we have a baby coming really soon and freak out because we have much to do to get things ready for her arrival. We are very excited but not very prepared!



No comments:

Post a Comment