Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy 5 years

We have had 3 anniversaries with kids and have been able to spend one without Kelsey. Better luck next year right? I guess its our fault for getting married during Christmas break when all of the babysitters are out of town.

Although we had to have Kelsey, December 29th was one of the funnest days of the break. We started the day by exercising at the RB and then Ethan took us all to breakfast at Shirley's where we had some of the best cinnamon rolls of all time. AND the cinnamon rolls were as big as my face! It was AWESOME!

We spent the afternoon bowling at the WILK and oh my goodness. Talk about family fun.
Kelsey did pretty good, but got a little bored. She loved to push the balls down the ramp but even that only lasted a few times. She also LOVED to play with the fan where you dry your fingers. I don't like this picture at all, but you can see Kelsey in the back sticking her face in the fan. It was hilarious.
She also found other ways to entertain herself. She did her best.

While we were there we ran into the Salmons and Shellee was nice enough to take a picture for us.

We woke up to a pretty good snow storm and it lasted for hours. We were going to go bowling first thing but decided that it would be more ideal if we played in the snow and I am so glad we did. This was probably my favorite thing that we did all break. They only word I can think of to describe the whole morning would be happiness. It was just so happy to be out there as a family running around and laughing at everything. Nothing could go wrong. It was just one of those moments in life where you stop and realize how lucky you really are. Its also a moment that makes you wonder why all moments can't be like this one, but you at least have this moment. It was so much fun.

Kelsey LOVED the snow! Her coat didn't let her put her arms down and her gloves were too big so she was the cutest sight ever. Watching her try to run and keep up with Ethan was hilarious. She would trip and fall so many times and just laugh and laugh. It was equally as funny to watch her try to pick up the snow and throw it at us. Since her thumbs weren't in the gloves it was just kind of sad attempts that led to more falling but luckily we got it all on film.


Kelsey wasn't the only one that loved the snow. Although Ethan played different than her, he found ways to make his snow experience magical too.
When she would fall she would just sit there until we came and helped her up. She wasn't being lazy. She literally had no other option.

 Its long but PLEASE watch from 41 seconds on!! This is my favorite video ever.

And oh my goodness!! This girl loves her snow pants. She thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread. She wore them for days after. When did my baby grow up?!

After playing in the snow we introduced Kelsey to Top Ramen and hot cocoa and let her watch Cinderella. I think its the best anniversary she has had yet!
Although I tease, spending 5 years with Ethan has been my greatest blessing in life. He is a wonderful man, a great husband, and such a happy father. He makes everyone around him better. I know no one that works and plays as hard as Ethan. He is optimistic, positive, and loves life. Situations don't get him down even if they try. He just chooses to be the bigger man and improve from everything that is thrown his way. I love him more every year and am so grateful that I get to learn so much from him. We have grown a lot as a couple and I look forward to these next years. I just don't fear the future because I know with Ethan by my side I can do anything. We will figure it out together and for that I am eternally grateful.

Side note: In the last five years we have had 7 moves, 2.5 cars, 1.5 kids, 2.5 degrees, and so many BYU home games that I didn't bother counting. Love you Ethan!


No comments:

Post a Comment