We were fortunate enough to spend Christmas and Christmas Eve this year with the Wings up in Bountiful. Because it was so close for us, we decided to stay in Provo until the evening of the 23rd and then stayed until the 27th. Nothing too crazy or out of the ordinary happened, but it was such a wonderful holiday.
![]() |
| This fruit dish was too gorgeous to not take a picture. |
![]() | ||||
| I have officially decided that ham is so much better than turkey. Like so muc | h better |
Kelsey sleeps amazingly well at the Wings house and at 8 am we were all getting really excited and tired of waiting for her, so Ethan and I woke her up.
It took her a minute to realize what we were saying but then when she saw what Santa had brought, she was sold. It was so exciting. I thought Christmas was fun as a kid, but its so much more fun as a parent.
After we looked at Santa stuff, the Mannings came over and we all took turns opening gifts. This is minus the AWings and Robert and Diana, but there's the whole crew.
Everyone was so kind and generous to Kelsey. She had so much fun opening presents and wanted to play with everything immediately. She got a little overwhelmed and tired of waiting so we had to take a break from her gifts. She literally said " No more presents please." I felt really bad because I wanted people to know how touched we were, but she was just so tired and wanted to play. We need to remember that for next year. She was also super cute because she kept wanting to thank Santa Claus. It really concerned her that she couldn't give him a hug.
![]() |
| Kelsey helped Ethan and I wrap our presents and she was so excited to give them to us |
During the gift exchange, Diana prepared a plate of chocolates for everyone and passed them around for all of us to enjoy. A few were taken and then the plate was put on the table. About half way through the gift exchange, I thought I would check on Harper and Kelsey (since we all got distracted and forgot to take notice) and I looked up to find Kelsey grabbing the last chocolate from the plate. The girls ate EVERY SINGLE CHOCOLATE OFF THE PLATE!!! No one actually knows how many they ended up taking but it was at least 6 a piece. They ran away from the table laughing hysterically. About an hour later, we were all opening some gifts and playing games when Reo was like "where are the girls?" Good question. We were all upstairs and again no one had seen them for about 20 minutes. We heard gleeful screaming coming from Diana's room, headed in there only to find the bathroom completely flooded!! The girls had turned on the tub, would get in the tub "swim around" jump out and run to look at themselves in the mirror. They were soaked and so was everything else. Both girls spent some time in time-out.
The next day Diana was talking to Kelsey about being naughty and eating the chocolates. Diana asked Kels how many she ate and Kelsey was like "3. 5. um I don't know. I being sneaky. Shhh!!" That little stinker! She is hilarious and she and Harper together are one dynamic duo.
I don't really have a favorite Christmas but 2014 was up there with the rest of them. We had great food, got some snow, played lots of games, finished a puzzle, sang songs, and were all together. I am so grateful to be apart of two really wonderful families who want to be together over the holidays.













No comments:
Post a Comment