Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The park

Kelsey LOVES to be outside. I mean Kelsey LOVES to be outside. There is no way to describe her love unless you see her. When she is upset we go on a walk. When she is restless, we take her outside. When we want her to have fun, we go to the park. I mean Kelsey loves to be outside. So many evenings we just sit on the stairs in front of our apartment and she climbs the parking blocks or picks of rocks. Whenever either of leave and she hears the door open she runs as fast as she can to get out the door before we stop her. Maybe its all little kid, I wouldn't know because I only have one, but Kelsey loves to be outside. 

Lucky for us we have a park about 3 blocks from our house and go there often. Kelsey is super fearless and is learning how to climb and has discovered how to go down the slide. One day, she climbed the stairs to the slide, crawled over to it, turned around like if she were going down stairs and slide right down. I was a little nervous because she slide down FAST, but when she got to the end, she got to her feet (the momentum knocked her to her face and knees) and had the biggest smile on her face! She was laughing so hard and was sold.
Luckily she didn't notice the big slide that time and was able to practice on the little slide. Eventually she did notice the big slide but she loved that one just as much. It is super funny to watch such a little person go down the slide.





Like every little kid Kelsey also loves to swing, but especially  when Ethan pushes her. I love seeing how much she loves her dad

 

Really close to our house is the duck pond. Kelsey was able to say quack before any other word and so it was pretty fun to go see the ducks. The duck pond is pretty big and on the other side of the water there is a "big" woodsy area with lots of rocks and trees. Ethan and I often just sit on the benches and let Kelsey climb and walk around to her hearts content. It is a nice break for us and a great break for her. Win, Win, Win.
She always leaves filthy, but it is a price I am willing to pay for such a happy girl
(despite her non smiley face)

One day when we went to the park there was a couple there who had rented a puppy and they let Kelsey play with the puppy. It was a super cute lab beagle mix so it had the body of a lab but with tiny little legs. His name was Coach and he was like 4 weeks old. Kelsey loved the little puppy and kept going awe baby! I told Kelsey to give the puppy a kiss and she tried to give the dad a kiss. It was pretty funny. Anyway, me and Kelsey both want a puppy so hopefully we can convince Ethan some day (I mean when we have a house and aren't moving every year).


No comments:

Post a Comment