Friday, September 27, 2013

New house


Well it happened. We moved to Provo. Apartment hunting was the absolute worst thing in the whole world. We tried for weeks and weeks and could find nothing. We looked in Orem, Springville, Provo, apartments, houses, basements, duplexes, you name it. We had a pretty large budget too and I didn't think that it was too low or unreasonable. Our main goal was to be close to campus so that Ethan wouldn't have to commute. When that wasn't happening we decided to look further out but still nothing felt very good. It was even that they didn't feel very good, we just felt that as parents we couldn't bring our daughter there. One of the places smelled so strongly of pot that I am pretty sure they put it out right when we got there. It was just things like that over and over and over. I was so frustrated and couldn't even eat. Things were just starting to look more and more bleak. Finally one day we got a call from Moons saying that there was one opening and we could have it. We could move in when we wanted and could move out when we wanted. It was such an answer to prayers that I burst into tears and dropped to my knees.
And now we live in Moons Apartments. It does not have a washer and dryer and is much smaller than our last place, but we are very very satisfied. Management is fantastic, it is 2 blocks from campus, 2 blocks for Hannah, 3 blocks from my sister, 3 blocks from the library, 3 blocks from the duck pond and a really cool park, and super cheap. We feel so blessed to be able to live in Moons. We have exactly what we need and I feel like we have really made it homey.
Originally it was required that we keep all their furniture in the apartment, but they let us move everything out except the couches and kitchen table. Thanks to Emily and Dan, we were able to store all of our stuff including our washer and dryer. We owe them big time!
We just feel so grateful that Ethan lives so close. He has to be on campus for such long hours anyway, any sort of commute would have made it so much more difficult for all of us. I think the funniest part about where we live is that we past 4 chapels to get to our family ward. Other than that it is great. Not ideal (no washer and dryer, mixed in with the singles who are actually very quite which is a nice surprise, tiny TINY front room, cant open the dish washer with out moving the chair (we have one though!)) but it is great and we are really adjusting. We just had to remember that we are in college again and this is a GREAT college place. I can honestly say that I love it and hope that we can live here the whole two years potentially getting into a unit that has a washer and dryer.

View right when you walk in
Back against the coat closet, right inside the front door
Both directions from the end of the long couch
   
This is right next to the coat closet, right next to the front door. 
Probably my faovrite part of the house, a built in study area. I might be here more than Ethan. I have turned it into my person organizing nook and I love it .
 
Back against the other front room wall
 Back against the front window with a view into the kitchen. We are not a "basement" apartment but we are on the main level and slightly below ground. We get a ton of sunlight though and have huge windows so we haven't even noticed a difference. We just see peoples feet before their face when they come over
Right after the front room you walk into the kitchen
Kitchen from the front room

I'm standing in the same spot just turned a little 
Back against the sink
 Back against the dishwasher
  
Our awesome storage spinning corner cupboard. This thing is huge and really awesome
  
After the kitchen you turn and walk a few steps and the bathroom is on the left
Bathroom. This is place was built for 4 girls and so the storage is crazy awesome especially in the bathroom. If I ever get to build a house my drawers will be this huge. I love it so much


One giant drawer that holds everything from 4 drawers in Holladay
Don't be grossed out but we keep our appliances under the sinks in the bathroom because we don't have room in the kitchen and the bathroom had empty space
After the bathroom you turn and are at the end of the hall where there is a bedroom on the left and right and a half closet at the end on top of 3 giant drawers
Just one example of our drawers. All our games fit into one of the drawers
To the left is Kelsey's room 
The views from the front door facing left and right
The giant closet in Kelsey's room

Shot from the wall facing the door
Across the hall from Kelsey's room is our room
Shot from the front door
Shot from one wall with a view of the closet

No comments:

Post a Comment