I have already been several callings in this new ward including 10 year old primary teacher with Ethan, Compassionate Service Leader, and most recently Beehive advisor.
I have really enjoyed my callings so far for different reason. I loved the ease of working with Ethan in primary and how laid back we could be, but I kind of didn't love going to primary. I love Compassionate Service leader because it really helped me get to know and be aware of all the needs in the ward. The hard part about that calling was finding the balance between just acting and giving people their space. It was also sometimes hard to find the balance between informing people so that they could, but also creating a trust with certain people in certain situations. No one wants to feel like the charity case, but everyone wants to help and you can't help unless you know. I was only in that position for about 4 months, but I was able to help with 3 babies, 1 surgery, and 10 moves (it was a crazy summer for our ward)
I am now in beehives. Not gonna lie, it came as a complete surprise because I hadn't been in my recently calling very long. This is the not the first time I have been in YW, but this is the first time I have worked with the Beehives and I am just terrified. I am terrified to treat them old enough but also remember that they are still young. I am terrified because I am not the stereotypical YW leader and I don't want to be a disappointment for the girls. That being said, I do not believe that you have to be a certain way to be a good leader and teacher, I just don't want the girls to ever be disappointed that they are not with someone a little more peppy. I am not really into handouts and treats and think that by the time you are 12 there are certain responsibilities that should be handled by the girls and not me. Its just finding that balance. I'd hate to ever come across as mad or upset or something like that when in reality I'm just not "HEY!! MY NAME IS SISTER WING!!!"" the girls really are amazing girls and I am so excited to be able to learn how to teach beehives. they are so sweet and already have tried to get to know me as I have tried to get know them which gives me a lot of hope.
I'm also excited about working in YW at this particular time because Mary Field is the president and talk about a rock star! She is so kind and generous, but expects so much from the girls. She wants to run a tight ship but wants to do so with love. She is always incorporating the gospel into her life and more than that, sharing and teaching how we can help the world around us do the same. She is so focused on spreading goodness in and out of the church that you just can't help but want to get out there and get your hands dirty. She is so amazing and I am so happy to be able to work with her. I personally work with Trish Brown who in one word is just fun. She is so solid in her testimony and belief that she is who she is how she is. She is always finding a way to have hwolesome fun taht pushes boundaries and tries new things and helps her learn new skills. I love being around Trish.
I don't work with the Mia Maids as much but Shellee is in there as well as Brooklyn Holden and Ashley Collett. We have a great group of leaders and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them even better than I already do.
No comments:
Post a Comment