Back in November, at my very first Relief Society activity, I won a picture session with Lelani Dong in the ward. I was excited but didn't think much of it. I just assumed, she would do a mini session or be an aspiring photographer. Both things were perfectly fine with me because we don't get family pictures very often, but oh how wrong I was!
Lelani is one of the most talented photographers I have ever been around. I LOVE her style and she is so soft in her approach. She just lets you basically set yourself up and conduct yourself as you normally would which helped capture such a natural look. AND she got us the pictures literally the next day. It was just such a great experience overall.
Lelani asked us to help her with an "all white" project she was creating so we all wore white. The point was to show how one dimensional it is compared to when you all wear different colors, but this may be the best picture smile wise! It was also the first one so I guess that makes sense.
I got so awkward with the lovey pictures. She captured some cute moments but it just felt so weird to kiss in front of a camera. It was weird on my wedding day and is still weird. I'm just not a public person. Lelani was so cute about it though and once she could tell that I was so uncomfortable, she just rolled with it and got some cute laughing pictures.
this was also really awkward for me because my casual face always just looks ticked off. I was SHOCKED to see that she was able to capture a face that didn't look mad at the world. I actually love this picture
I thought these were interesting. She had us stand all together and then would zoom in, or walk up to different members to capture different moments. Very different to me but I totally loved the results. I'm telling ya! This girl has some serious talent!
The girls were such troopers. Because the sun sets to late, we had to take these pictures starting at 8. They were so tired, but did such a great job
LOVE!
ReplyDelete