Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Traveling and Spokane

After 6 hours of driving we would either sleep in a hotel or at families house. Everyone was so kind and helpful especially when we were pulling into hotels at 11 PM at night with two sleeping children. We tried to make this as much of a vacation as we could so the girls didn't go crazy and they were so good. One hotel in Montana had a playground that we played at, we stopped at fun places to eat, and had endless supply of movies in the car.


Nothing like burgers at 10 in the morning. Yuck! but the girls were pretty happy with this decision
At long last we made it to Spokane. The plan was to get to Spokane, spend a few days with my parents before they left for MI, and then wait until our stuff got to Seattle. In total we ended up staying there about 4 days. It was tight with everyone there, but it was sunny, a place to wait for our stuff, and filled with cousins. So many great things.

We got there on my mom's birthday
Kelsey and Ainsley played non stop when Ainsley wasn't at school. I used to think Ainsley was so much older than Kelsey because she is a year older, but once kids stop being babies, time melts away a little bit. They played so well together. Plus Ainsley is hilarious so I'm hoping Kelsey picks up a few jokes to add to her bag.


  

And yes. My dad DOES have the pretties yard in the world. No offense world. Facts are facts
We took many trips to Subway and even went downtown. There was a few girls night in there with Tori, trips to Costco, conference, and football games. The Petersens know how to have a good time.



I didn't break my toe, but bruised the heck out of it on my dad's stupid ab machine.
I also went through some old boxes and got rid of some junk but not before we got some creepy pictures first. Sweet dreams...
Someone dug through the junk pile and made a new friend. I couldn't resist and took him home with us.

Sunday after conference we made the final push to Seattle where the Salmons were awaiting us. We stayed one more night in a hotel, slept on air mattress a few nights, and our stuff arrived on Wednesday.

I've been to Seattle maybe 4 times in my life so I just don't have a lot of memories of it. It is so amazing how completely different it is. You literally crest the mountain and it is a whole new place. once we got to the top I heard Kelsey say, "Is this Washington?! Do we get to live here? Its gorgeous!!" And it is gorgeous. There was green EVERYWHERE!! I mean EVERYWHERE!! Issaquah is literally in the woods. It was a fun drive to make for us first timers.

No comments:

Post a Comment