Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Issaquah

Monday Ethan headed to work and the girls and I left the hotel to find our house. We got our keys and then for the next weeks all the moving in fun started. Groceries, utilities, registrations, libraries, bills, garbage, etc. You know the drill.
*I've never felt inferior to men ever. I know that exists but I've been surrounded by men in my life who treat me very well. For the first time in my life though I wanted to "scream that women can do it too," at this moron! I was calling the internet guy because internet here is super weird. It is a fiber network so they never "turn off" internet to the houses, you just have to have the right pieces. I was calling to see if we had the right pieces (modem or router or a combo) and he literally said "pick up the box and plug it into the wall. It will not work without electricity. once you do that call back or wait for your spouse." What the what?! Excuse me!!I was so mad that I couldn't even talk. I'm no techy nerd, but I am not dumb. I was FURIOUS!! I actually was so mad that I couldn't even talk. I hung up, but definitely called later and complained. I'm sure nothing happened, but at least I got to yell at his boss. That felt good.

 It takes so long to feel really moved in somewhere. At least we had a big empty house to play in to pass time right?!

We looked very out of place clothing wise, so the first item of business was a stop at Carters to met all our Seattle weather needs.
Those first few days were just chaos. Luckily the Salmons live so close so we were able to run to there house a ton as we figured stuff out. We saw them every day, multiple times a day for weeks.  Things actually haven't slowed down in that arena but now we can contribute to the friendship too.


Issaquah is absolutely stunning. There are trails and parks everywhere, kids everywhere, and trees everywhere. I know that we are going to love this place. The sky takes some getting used to and there are times that I still miss Arizona like crazy, but I know we will figure out what is "nice" weather and that the summers will be glorious.

I can get on board with the Seahawks especially if they keep presenting chocolate covered almonds!!  this was us trying to fit in. We have already been invited to a Dawgs game! I actually feel like I can get behind Seattle teams.

We have a green belt behind and in front of us and one day we went out and looked for worms. We are making more and more friends, so now our worms hunts involve other people but it was a fun way to get out of the house and explore our new neighborhood. Kelsey loves worms. I could write a whole post about it, but I may not have time. If I don't, Kelsey, You LOVE worms!!
Looking for worms. all day er'day
At first work days were long as we were adjusting to his new schedule, as he was figuring out what van to take, and as our days were just crammed with non stop to-dos. Time with Ethan was valued by everyone. Things have obviously settled down, like we knew they would but it took some getting used to. It also took some time getting used to the sun setting at 4 and it always being gray.

This is the park across the street. Like I can see it from my window. Its awesome
We love living so close to Hadlee!
We are quickly making friends because the people here are super awesome and inclusive! Play dates happen a lot and are super fun
Hadlee, Sienna, Kelsey

I was able to get Kelsey into a dance class the second full week of being in Issy. She loves it and almost every girl in her class is also in her primary class so we are seeing the faces over and over.


This photo shoot happened on a pretty bad day. We were all pretty mad at each other all morning and there was just so much to do. Kelsey asked to take some selfies and I'm so glad she did because the mood quickly changed.
This picture makes me a little sad. She looks super old to me. I love her so much and don't want her to leave to college soon. Too dramatic? Probably not

Another park by our house! The cool thing about this picture is that Madison and I are swinging too!!


We had to borrow the Salmons lawn mower but this was the best they had. This was IMPOSSIBLE!! The grass was so long that it was the hardest work out I have ever done. We have maybe 10 feet of grass and it took me over an hour to mow it. I mean, it could be that I'm not as strong as I think but I don't think so.
First walk in the rain!

Our church shares a parking lot with the temple so we get to see the temple at least once a week. I took this our first week of church. All I could think was that the last time I had been there was when I was 8 and Christine got married! Now I live here!


Classic
"mom and dad, You are both in the picture." I mean, she wasn't lying. We totally are


Us being hilarious and stereo typical


My shopping buddies. Ps We HAVE to bring our own shopping bags to the store. Its not an option. They charge you to use plastic or paper bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment