Saturday, September 10, 2016

Moving: Enough with the drama

Okay... lets calm down Cami. Enough with the drama! Drama, drama, drama. For the 9 people that read my overly dramatic, woe is me post, this is for (and me. Lets be honest. The post are ALWAYS for me!!)

A few days ago I finally got around to publishing my thoughts about the move and something amazing happened. As soon as I put them out there, I just felt happy. I can't explain why it was so instant, but it was like I just needed my voice to be heard. It was heard, and now I can move on. I seriously feel such a relief.

Am I still sad to move. Yes. Am I still bummed to miss the beautiful winter here? Obviously. But is it all doom and gloom like I made it out to be. Of course not!!

This move will be so good for our family and I LOVE moving. I really really really do. You get to see so many new things and places and people. I love getting to know a new area and love to fall in love all over again. Since I'm being honest, the idea of never moving scares me.

But this move is going to be so "easy"!
For starters, Amazon has taken care of EVERYTHING!! The only thing that we have to do is find housing. That is a big thing, but that is the only thing we have to do. I'm not even exaggerating and we all know how much I love to do that.
For seconds, we already have friends there. Not just acquaintances, but like true dear friends for life.
For thirds, we have family within 5 hours. I haven't lived this close to home since I lived at home. Granted, my parents are leaving in like 5 weeks, but still.
For fourths, Seattle is beautiful. We will have a gorgeous fall, we will endure and get through winter (still snowless!!!) and then have a summer that we have only dreamed about here. I mean seriously. It was 109 today! I think we are going to love the change.

I can go on and on. I don't redact my last feelings but I am over them. I'm ready for a change and can't wait for what life holds for us. I am nervous for the winter and am still scared about Seattle, but I feel such a peace in moving there. I'm not even nervous that we don't have housing and we need to be there in like 10 days!

Basically, life is good no matter where we live. Home is truly where you make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment