Ajo was a cute little town. It looked very Mexican in its architecture and was surrounded by the Pipe Organ Cactus National Park. I wanted to get out and take pictures once we got into the National Park, but part of the fun was driving up a hill, being at the top and looking down at all the cactus. They really do scatter the landscape like trees do in the Northwest.
At one point on the way home, Madison woke up and started screaming. We had no idea why she was screaming and nothing we did was working so we decided to just keep going until we got to lunch. After about 35 minutes of non stop screaming, the screaming stopped dead in its tracks. Finally having silence, we didn't think anything of it and just kept driving. When we went to go get her out of the car we found her like this! Half the bag was in her lap, the other half in her stomach. What are road trips for after all.
On the way home, we stopped at a place called Space Age Hotel to eat, but it was booked, so instead we went to Sophia's. Sophia's was incredible! but I would have loved to eat at Space Age. It just look like an experience. I guess we will have to go back.
Other than that, no thoughts on the drive. Crossing the boarder was not a big deal except coming back into the US where we got treated like dirty but whatever. They probably deal with more than I want to know about on a daily basis and probably were hot and get yelled at all day long. It takes a special person to be boarder patrol that's for sure. I do not envy their jobs.
We got home about 4:30 and the girls went to bed at like 5:45. We unpacked, took baths, ate and then threw on an Elmo while we were unwinding. We walked in the room and found Madison like this. She obviously is not asleep, but I've never seen her so relaxed!










No comments:
Post a Comment