We made it! We are in Arizona. Its hot but we are adjusting. Its been a few weeks now and we are almost entirely settled into our new house and we LOVE it. I don't know if its having space, having all of our stuff, having a job, having a yard, or what but we are so happy and we don't even have friends! WE HAVE A YARD!!! It also helps having Aunt Kay here. We go to her house a lot right now especially for family dinners. We also go swimming/splash pad at least once a week, go to the library a lot, walk around the gold course in our neighborhood, and I have taken more cold showers this past month than I ever have my entire life!
![]() | |||
| Kelsey face says it all!! It really is that hot! |
I had to bribe Kelsey to run through this tunnel, but she finally did it. This picture is just before she made the decision to go. And water is crazy warm at the splash pads because the sun is so hot, but getting wet is still scary.
This is Kelsey's office. She also wears her swimsuit every day. I can't blame her. Our house can only get to 82 in the afternoons which seems hot, but its literally 30 degrees cooler than outside. Whenever I feel bad for living in a hot house, I step outside.
Kelsey got a scooter for her birthday and rides it EVERYWHERE. Literally everywhere. Every morning when she wakes up, she comes to the breakfast table for breakfast via scooter. She will run to get her scooter, just to ride it somewhere else. It is so awesome.
Avondale is a lot like West Jordan of Utah. Its pretty far from the city but its own city and since Ethan works out here, its perfect. We feel like real Arizonians though. We think 90's are cool, we tinted our windows, get up really early, have a cactus in our front yard, and have scorpions in our sinks. Life is so good!!
Side note: the neighboring city is called Goodyear. Goodyear is to Avondale as Eagleton is to Pawnee!!! NO JOKE!!! Its hilarious!!!
The girls are adjusting well.. We do what we can to stay entertained since this is the indoor season here. We are getting by, but man I am excited for winter. I can't believe I just said that! We are starting to need friends but are still doing okay. It just takes time.
![]() | |
| We go to the library a lot. Its down the street and they keep it at 73!!! |
We went to our ward the first Sunday here all excited only to find out it was stake conference. We have since been to our ward twice and really like it. The people are so welcoming and friendly. I think literally every person introduced themselves to us. This will be a great place for us.
![]() |
| The morning temp |
![]() |
| The evening temp |
Madi is struggling with the heat. We do our best to keep her cool, but because she can't move around, even being in the shade wipes her out. We are doing the best we can but its sad.
"Look mom. It looks like Madi!"
NO JUDGING!!! I FINALLY had all the girls clothes in one place and finally went through them. I kept a tub per size and still got rid of 9 garbage bags worth of clothes. You can laugh. It is a major problem that I didn't know I had!!!

























No comments:
Post a Comment