Saturday, June 7, 2014

Lincoln Park Zoo

Tuesday was a big day for me. I feel like I stepped a little bit more into the adult world and figured out how to get around a new city all by myself. Granted, I did use Gogglemaps, but still drove around Chicago all by myself. Can I also say that I didn't get lost or get honked at! It was a big deal!

Before we went to Lincoln Zoo, we stopped at Oz park. Oz park is an awesome park, with a totally shaded playground and statues of the Wizard of Oz characters. Even though I told Kelsey we were going to see animals I still had to FIGHT her to get off the slide and into her stroller.



The Lincoln Park Zoo is a free zoo in the middle of Lincoln Park. I was expecting like a small petting zoo with sad animals and ugly get up, but I was so wrong! It not only was beautiful but it was HUGE!!!! It was as big and as nice as Hoogle Zoo and definitely less crowded. We went while school was still in session, so lets talk in July.

 PS If you've seen Return to me, you've seen the Lincoln Park Zoo fyi!



 What was most fun about this zoo was that it was in the middle of the city. The view was beautiful.




 After a lot of fun at the zoo, we went to the Lincoln Park Conservatory and oh my goodness. Talk about beautiful I wish dad could have seen it. It was BEAUTIFUL!! Another huge milestone for me was that I thought it was humid INSIDE the building and nice outside. I'm getting used to this whole Midwest summer thing.








 And here's a little taste of Lincoln Park. I kind of wish we could have live in Lincoln Park but the prices are even crazier here. It is a BEAUTIFUL little neighborhood. 
 

 I'd say it was a very successful day

No comments:

Post a Comment