Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Garfield Conservatory

Tuesday June 10th was a rainy rainy day, so we tried to find inside activities that were still on the list. About 10 minutes from our house is the Garfield Conservatory so we made this our rainy day Tuesday exploration. Even the drive on Lake St. was exciting! Ever time I drive under the Metra I always look for Harrison Ford if you catch my drift.
My sorry attempts of a Panoramic
More than half of the conservatory was closed to repair winter damages which was a let down, but it was still beautiful. I have so much of Dad in me. I LOVE plants and flowers. I could go to every garden and park in Chicago and not get sick of what I see. I just love it


Humidity hair!!
One of the places open fortunately, was the kiddie garden complete with a pond and slide. We stayed here are a long long LONG time.







I need Dad to come and visit so he can tell me what all these amazing plants are. Some had signs, but lots didnt. Plus he would LOVE it



These were Neon green. Really beatiful





Okay! I had NO idea that pineapples grew like this!

Our" picic"








Take two of the slide


Um... A BANANA TREE!!!! Again I had no idea they look like this






No comments:

Post a Comment