Monday, May 26, 2014

Kelsey's Birthday Party

 Sunday May 18th, the Wing family had a little going away/birthday party for us before we left for Chicago. It was just a fun chance to say bye to everyone for the summer before we headed out. It was super low key but still very fun. I think my favorite part was the way Kelsey, Harper, and Holden played together. They are all finally old enough that they enjoy one anothers company.


It is Kelsey's golden birthday this year (2 on the 2nd) so the extent of the theme/decorations party aspect were gold plates and cups. Pretty clever for me

Kelsey was shown a lot of love and got lots of fun toys especially for the car. People were very generous. It was fun how much she loved to open her presents. She would say "birfday?" "presents?" "Harper?' I don't know why Harper gets thrown into that trio but she still says those three things in a row.

 Frozen was a big hit even for the spectators. (Mom was annoyed with Frozen before we bought it, but I guess I'm a sucker because now we own the cd AND movie. It has made the road trip nice.)
 We gave her these little play shoes and she LOVED them.
 And of course we had cupcakes. She was a little confused about the candles, but as soon as we got those out of the way, she went to town...
 and was VERY pleased with what she found
To jog memories, this is what we dealt with last year on her birthday. I'd say we have come to appreciate cupcakes.


 

I'm really glad we did the party even though it was a few weeks early. It was just a fun way to spend time with the Wing family before we had to leave for the summer. 


The morning after....still wearing her shoes
(and yes... she fell asleep in them)

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! Cute girl! We love frozen too... Do you think Skylers wife will let me help with his golden birthday when he turns 30?!

    ReplyDelete