At first Kelsey refused to get into the back pack, but with some coaxing (aka Fruit snacks) we finally got her in and were able to make the climb.
Kelsey is not a little baby anymore so it was quite the trek getting her up the mountain. Ethan graciously took her the whole way up and down because lets be honest. I probably would have tripped and fallen AND (not even or) complained the whole time.
Once we made it to the top, Kelsey was pretty proud of herself. She kept saying "good job" and "I made it!" It was so cute to see her so proud of her "accomplishment." Its tough work riding in a backpack.
Hiking the Y is a very uneventful climb. You go up, see the view of Provo, and climb down. On the way down, we decided to give Ethan a break and let Kelsey climb down for a couple of turns of the switch backs and she LOVED it! She kept talking to her self, telling other hikers "good job" as they passed, and kept saying "Kelsey hiking. " I tried to get it on camera but just couldn't. I was laughing too hard and too worried about slipping that I had to stay focused.
On the steeper declines Kelsey would begrudgingly allow us to hold her hands, but very begrudgingly. One steep part, Ethan and I were both holding her hands, and she managed to shimmy her arms out of the sleeves of her sweatshirt so that Ethan was left holding the sweatshirt arm and not Kelsey's hand. She then tried to run off but luckily I was still holding an actual hand so she couldn't. She is a sneaky one! She started laughing so hard at the fast one she pulled on Dad that we all started laughing and had to stop and recover before we could keep going.
Kelsey was a champ and climbed down quite a few of the turns. On turn 8, she stopped walking, sat down, and said "Kelsey tired." She went from 100% to 0% just like that. There is no shame in that little body. She was done and she knew it.
Luckily dad is really nice and took her down the rest of the way. Once we got to the parking lot, without any prompting Kelsey started cheering, "WooHoo!! I made it!! I did it!!" and threw her arms in the air complete with jumping and clapping. Apparently we are VERY into self motivation at our house because it doesn't seem to lack EVER in any activity we do.
I say go for it girl! If you can't celebrate your victories, who else will! Love that Kelsey!
No comments:
Post a Comment