Sunday, January 12, 2014

Post Christmas Crazies


Don't be fooled folks! The fun just kept coming even after Christmas. 
A few days after Christmas I was able to finally meet these lovely ladies and have a nice chat with their moms. It was a pleasure Capri and Alice. I wish I could hold you every day because you are too stinkn' cute! Tori and Jenni, I miss you too!!! 
Don't these babies make Kelsey look super grown up?! 
On the 26th the Kidds rolled into town it was nonstop until we left for home. We did all the typical Nelson activities including Fiesta Grande, went to Subway, we went to Costco a lot, went on a lot of family errands, played a lot of games, watched a lot of movies, cleaned out the basement, and ate a lot of really great food.
I am in this picture, you just have to look real close

Oh and there was a lot of sleeping in between
 While we were in Spokane, the weather was very very cold. The fog that froze on Christmas kinda stayed the whole rest of the trip making the roads were always icy and as stated before, very cold.   My family is a little ADD and so to be cooped up in the house all week, not even being able to go on a run, caused us all to get a little antsy. Ethan had a genius idea to go down the church and play. We went to the church while the twin were napping and played everything we could for 2.5 hours! It was fantastic! Great idea Ethan.
 

We played basketball, which I hate oh so much but it was hilarious
Don't mind my form and yes Hailey, the 10 year old,  got me out almost every time!


We played ladder ball and washer toss
We bowled with Whitley's new bowling set
We played soccer, which I found out I am also very bad at but still a ton of fun
 and finally badmitton
Despite the sweaty clothes, inappropriate shoes and clothes, and lack of skill, we all had such a great time. Thanks for an awesome idea Ethan. It was really fun to have the Kidd's in Spokane. The Kidd's are doers. I love to be around them. They always want to do whatever they can. Its really fun to be around people like that. We had a great Post Christmas vacation and I know a lot of that was because of them. 



Side note:

The sun sets early in Spokane in the winter time, but when it sets, it is GORGEOUS!! These are the shots we got right before we left to play at the church. 






No comments:

Post a Comment