Sunday, January 12, 2014

4 years and counting

While we were in Spokane we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Our anniversary always gets remembered in our heads, but because of its terrible timing, we never really celebrate too hard. This year is was even on a Sunday (wanwan) and I totally forgot until Brother Durfee said, "Didn't you get married in December?" This year was fun though. Rich and Shara celebrated their 5th anniversary on the 27th, we celebrated our 4th on the 29th, so on the 28th we decided to go on a double date!!

 It was a perfect evening. The Kidd girls helped my mom and dad with the girls (they took them to Subway, Albertsons, two wedding receptions, gave them both a bath, AND had them in bed before we got home. Yikes!) and we all went Downtown to Red Robin. Ethan and I never really go anywhere fancy for our anniversary. In fact for a while we thought it would be fun to go to a hole in the wall every year just to be fun. Red Robin was perfect this year though.
I guess in a way we celebrated different because Rich was coming from a game and since he is a level 12 mixologist, he had enough tip money to order an onion stack and drinks! Party in the hizouse!

This really is a terrible picture of everyone but it is the only one we got so what do you do! 

While walking back to the car we were yelled at, something I can't put on the blog with good conscious, but I had to remember just even getting yelled at! "That's Spokane!!!" I have never laughed so hard in my whole life and better yet, I have never heard Ethan laugh that hard EVER!!! Thanks for the good times Spokane! 

After Red Robin we went home and all went hot tubbing and then played games with the whole family. It was really special to be able to spend so much time with JUST Rich and Shara. Ever since our BYU days, we have always felt a special connection with them. I mean we literally are living parallel lives right now. We graduated undergrad at the same time, we got married really close to each other, we all were in the same ward for a semester, we had a rockin summer of 2010, we had babies at the same time, we are all about the same age, and now are getting MBA's at the same time. Its just really neat when you can share so many of life's experiences with people you care so much about. We miss living so close to the Nelly's, but I guess that distance makes it that much more special and important when we get to see each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment