Saturday, July 20, 2013

8 States left!

Its been a busy week. I am really glad I have done this states project, but I can also say that I am really glad that it is coming to an end. We are moving in the next 3-6 weeks and I really just want this "burden" off my shoulders and out of my mind. Plus I want to eat Chinese food again. No state has Chinese food! This week I decided to just go crazy. I was not going to deviate from the course and I was going to knock out some of these last states. Some nights I even did two because the meals were smaller.

Colorado: Denver omelets
I am aware that we redid Colorado, but I wanted to do it right and the first time was not right
 Kansas: BBQ Ribs with Nebraska Corn
In planning the states I kept throwing corn with Kansas instead of Nebraska and since we haven't had Nebraska yet, we decided to just eat corn twice. Never a bad decision in the summer time.
 
 Vermont: Ben and Jerrys
Funny story on the Ben and Jerry's. A normal sized container, which is already tiny, was like 5 bucks and I just couldn't justify that for ice cream and so I found these baby like two spoonful containers for a dollar. I probably got ripped off in the long run, but a dollar just felt easier to swallow than five.
 Georgia: Fried Chicken and Peaches

Maine: Lobster
It suggested lobster rolls which I have been told are divine, however we NEVER buy lobster and since it is so pricey, we didn't want to "waste" it on any other dish other than just straight lobster. We wanted to eat just the lobster for lobster sake

 New Hampshire: Corn beef and potatoes
News flash! Corn beef not purchase in March is CRAZY EXPENSIVE!!! This is the one state that I kinda cut the corners because of the cost and got corn beef in a package instead of a big roast. It was disgusting. Luckily we have had corn beef so we didn't feel too cheated on a meal
 Florida: Cubano Sandwhich and Key lime pie 
Sandwhich consisted of pickle, cheese, and ham- so-so
Key lime pie- DELICIOUS and I normally dislike key lime pie
 Kentucky: Hot Brown
Open faced sandwich with turkey, tomatoes, Parmesan, bacon, and this cheesy sauce
Divine! One of the states that I will be making again for sure. Ethan couldn't get enough

South Dakota: Chislic 
Meat on a stick

Delaware:  Roasted Chicken
It was delicious although it looks like.... well this

 Mississippi: Mississippi Mud Pie
This was one of the states that didn't suggest a food for a meal but dessert. We didn't complain


 Indiana: Sugar Cream Pie
Another of the dessert states. Its a pie made with cream, sugar, butter, and milk. I was very hesitant to try this but it was so delicious. It taste just like an apple pie but without the apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment