With such abnormally hot weather this week, we were able to enjoy some summer time activities a little earlier than normal. Ethan is on another work softball team and it was finally warm enough to go watch him. Ironically half way through the game it started to rain, but quickly stopped and we were able to enjoy a very intense game. Ethan's team started out on fire. The score quickly went from 0-0 to 17-2! It was awesome. Kelsey and I stopped watching so closely because we assumed that the game was in the bag. With about 20 min left I finally started to pay attention to the score again and it was 17-16! Don't know how it happened but it did. Before long the score was 17-20 and we were losing with only 1 inning left. Of course the other teams last at bat was a 3 run home run. O.co was a little demoralized. And then some magical things started to happen. People got some great hits and runs and it was 19-20. Ethan was up, pitcher walked him and he was on base. When he got to second, the weakest link of the team got up to bat hit a great ball to center, which allowed Ethan to make it to third but Ethan wasn't going to stop there. He rounded third, turned on the jets and raced the ball home. We were all screaming and shouting. He slid and in a beautiful cloud of smoke, Ethan tied the game! As he was doing that our weakest link had made it to second and everyone knew that he needed to get home to win the game. One more at bat, link rounded ran to third, rounded third and thanks to some errors from the out fielding team, link made it home!! It was so much fun! I mostly have video of Ethan's game, but unfortunately I did not record his slide! I am so mad at myself but I was just too into the game. Ethan is number 6



We also went to the driving range and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!
Not pictured: 9 mile run on Thursday and 11 mile run on Saturday. Side note, I have been training really really hard for a half marathon. On Friday, Ethan was like "I think I'll run it with you" and on Saturday he went on an 11 mile run. he went from 0 to 11 in one day. I know he has been playing basketball and softball but come one! Thanks for making me feel like all my training means nothing! Why can men do that?!?!
He seriously ran 11 miles? Who does that?!
ReplyDeleteI know right! I dont run that until the week before my race. I was so proud of him but also so so mad because it is so effortless for him.
Delete