Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Rainy Day Miracle

About 3 weeks ago we had a terribly rainy week. It was the week before Halloween and it just rained all day every day for like 4 days straight. We did an okay job keeping our spirits high, but when Saturday rolled around and it was still raining we were just spent. We had already run our errands and done things in the morning and it was about 2 pm. I could feel myself start to get super annoyed and testy with life but especially the girls. They just needed to get out and I needed to remember that they are wonderful people even if they are going crazy at times. I was starting to boil and the rain came harder and harder and I was just about to lose it, when I had the calmest thought to send the girls outside. It was the sweetest and most precious tender mercy in the whole world. It was like a huge light bulb of DUH!! The girls LOVE to play in the rain and use their umbrellas and splash in puddles. They dont need to be inside?! So we bundled them up, gave them their umbrellas, and didn't see them for about 45 minutes.
It was amazing the change that I started to feel because I acted on a prompting. Instead of being upset and running around cleaning or something, I found myself watching them and laughing with them and their happiness. They splashed and kicked water, and jumped in mud, and sang and danced and played and played and played. They were so so happy.
Yes it was a little messy getting them back in and yes they were freezing and went straight to the tub and hot cocoa, and yes their pants are now stained, but what was going to be an awful day turned into one of peace and a great lesson for me. I am so grateful that the Spirit guides us even in the smallest details in our lives. I know the Lord cares about everything we do, big and small.


1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder! Love the smiles on their faces!

    ReplyDelete