In so many ways I feel like Kelsey is easier to write about because she is able to talk and so I don't have to analyze as much in her life. She just says what she is thinking so lets just dive right in.
Kelsey is the most compassionate person I know. She is always so concerned about what others are feeling. She asked me the other day if I would like her to bake some cookies to help me feel better because she knew I wasn't having the best pregnancy day. Just so thoughtful. I get notes all the time from her teacher talking about the nice things she has said to her teacher and to other kids in the class. She is very aware of others and their feelings. I love that about her so much
Kelsey is the queen of one liners. I wish I could just put them all into context but so many times Ethan and I are just dying because of the things she is saying. And the best part is, is that she is not trying to always make us laugh. She is just that witty and quick.
Kelsey works really hard and really hates to make mistakes. I get a little nervous about this one because I don't want her to ever think that perfection is the only option, but she really hates making mistakes. Its not bad to want to improve, I just hope she knows the difference you know. Kelsey works so hard at all she does though. We were so proud of her because this summer she mastered her bike, playing on the monkey bars, and swimming all by her self without her floaties. She just keeps trying until she gets it. she is so awesome to watch.

Kelsey is all about routine and structure. This girl was made for school. She loves having rules, loves having routines, and loves following directions. Order is just her thing. I mean don't get me wrong, she is super creative and loves to play and come up with things to do, but give her a rule and she will follow it until she dies. School is so perfect for her personality. I am so happy that she has such a great teacher and bus driver that really make school a special experience for Kelsey. And she loves school. Sometimes getting her out the door to the bus is a struggle because she gets so distracted, but she loves school.
Kelsey is a little mother. She just came that way. Every night she kisses my belly and tells me how excited she is to have the baby come join our family. She actually was devastated to learn that she wouldn't be able to drop out of school to help tend the baby full time. She was really concerned when I told her that I was going to take care of the baby during the day and that when she got home she could help. This was unacceptable to her. She just loves babies and holding them and taking care of them. Sometimes I have to remind her that she is not the mom but in fact the older sister, but I am so grateful for all the help that Kelsey provides especially for how often she will just play with Madison because she is being nice.
Kelsey loves to dance and sing and draw and play outside. She asked to go to the park in the rain or shine and a day doesn't go by where she draws a picture (typically for someone else). When she hears music she can't help but dance and is always singing.
Kelsey loves pizza with no pepperonis, spaghetti, artichokes, pomegranate, and all things sugar. She loves screen time and her favorites right now include Octonaughts, Sofia the First, and Super Monsters.
She loves to play with Gideon and Emily and Hadlee and makes friends wherever she is. I can't tell you how many times Ethan and I have introduced ourselves and people's first question is "Oh!! You are Kelsey's parents?!" She has friends all over the place.
Right now we are really working with Kelsey to not be so possessive about what she has. Madison makes it hard, but instead of communicating frustrating, she just breaks down into tears. She knows that Madison will always give it back, but she acts like it is the end of the world. We are trying to help her control the drama a little bit. I just hope that we can get to the point where she will come talk to me instead of crying for my attention. She isn't crying my name, she is just literally crying in hopes that I will intervene. It just gets a little old.
5 has been really fun because she is so independant and learning so much, but it has been hard too because she is learning some many emotions and how to deal. Its hard for everyone. She is easy to reason with, but she just won't quit sometimes when she thinks we are wrong and that gets really hard.
Kelsey loves Descendants and loves My little Pony much to my chagrin.
In a nut shell Kelsey is all Ethan personality wise. Its been fun to see how similar they really are.
Kelsey is so compassionate and caring and so obedient. So many times we go to new places and she asks what the rules are before she starts playing. She loves to pay with kids and loves to play tag and has gotten over her fear of sweating :) She loves the monkey bars and loves climbing and just loves to play. She is the best kid!! I miss her so much at school, but our relationship has gotten so much stronger having her gone. For us, absence really has made the heart fonder. I love my Kelsey and I just don't know what I would do without her.

No comments:
Post a Comment