Monday, January 30, 2017

My Birthday

My birthday always rocks and this year was no different.
The difference this year was that Ethan surprised me big time with an awesome cake. I don't know how or why, but our family is obsessed with pomegranites. Its started in Provo when we could buy them at Buy Low for like 80 cents a piece (which is CRAZY!!!!). I would buy like 5 at a time, sit for literally 20 minutes pealing all of them, and then we would just inhale all the delicious tiny seeds one glorious, messy handful at a time. It is heaven.
Well they aren't super cheap here and we just missed pomegranate season in AZ, so we were feeling pomegranate deprived without even knowing it. Enter my birthday.
Kids were sick so we had to go to church at different times and when Kelsey and I got home from church, we walked into this....
 And in the center of the table was ......
 THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAKE IN THE WORLD!!!!!
 It even had layers. He worked so hard on it and did such an amazing job. Needless to say, we only had cake for dinner and all fought over the seeds. There were certain little people, whose names  I will change for discretion, lets call them  Chelsey and Hadison, kept trying to pick the seeds off the cake! I got so territorial! "Its mine!" I kept yelling and then they would laugh like I was joking. I wasn't. I wasn't joking! Back away from the cake my little friends.



Ethan also surprised me the night of my birthday by having a babysitter all lined up, having an Uber pick me up and I met him for a SUPER fancy dinner at Daniels Boiler. Daniels is super expensive, but apparently for Christmas, amazon gave Ethan a 50 dollar gift card. That bought us like one half of a plate, but it was still fun to pretend that we were super fancy as we shared our meat and potatoes. It was so much fun. the waiter found out it was my birthday and even brought me a surprise dessert on the house!! That has never happened to me! I felt so big city and cool. 
When I showed up, Ethan was dressed up in a bow tie! It was so cute!







 It was such a fun birthday week, but it was my favorite to pretend that we were cooler than we actually are. I loved that.

2 comments: