Anyway, on June 4th, we had a birthday party for Kelsey and her friends. Originally we were going to do a swimming party but there was a random heat wave that weekend and it spiked from 98 to 115 in two days. Although people do swim in that kind of weather we decided that we didn't want to do that with just a little kiddy pool and a whole gaggle of 4 year olds. On Monday we decided to just do a beach/princess/fairy party (she did originally also have Daniel Tiger in there but I convinced her to throw that one out). Basically, all things girly and fun and it went swimmingly (see what I did there)
Kelsey helped me shop all week and on Friday we set things up. Saturday we all worked together to get things together and by 10 we were ready for the guest who were coming at 11. The longest hour of Kelsey's life.
I would LOVE to be a big party person. It looks adorable when you do it right. I have absolutely no qualms with my party. It was exactly the way I wanted it. I will never apologize for the streamers and napkins not matching and I will never have confetti that matches the table clothes. I can live with that and isn't that the key. Being able to live with the things we can't do? Wow, RANDOM!! Anyway, the point is we had so much fun throwing a very Wing party! It was practically perfect in every way
These were the prizes but all our games ended so "horribly" that we pretty much started just giving them out for random things. It was awesome.
We colored while Madison hugged all the guests and they totally hated it!
We sat on balloons to get the candy out. It was a disaster and they hated but Ethan and I thought it was hilarious!!
The best part of the whole week!! A MAGIC SHOW BY ETHAN!! It was AS cool as it sounds

We got wrapped in Punzle's hair. Some hated it, some loved it, and all ended with it wrapped around their necks. whoops!
And of course the best part... presents!! Everyone was so excited. Some kids even opened the presents for Kelsey as they walked into the house.
After the presents we have a picnic, but I forgot to get pizza so they had cupcakes, chips, and Kool-Aid squeezits. I haven't seen a happier group of 4 year olds ever.
People who came:
Jordyn and Kathryn
Aliah Mallinger
Rowan Petersen
Parker Bunn
Will Madsen
Adysue Brown
We also did a cake walk thing where they had to stop on a color and if I called out their color they got to come pick a prize.
We also tried Bingo but that was a COMPLETE disaster. Way to advanced. Basically we just told them to come up one at a time and pick something from the bowl. Lesson learned.
After we cleaned and rest up, we drove up to Kay's dropped Kesley off for a slumber party where she got to have hot chocolate, watched a movie, and went to Build a Bear. We picked her up Sunday morning where she also got to go to church with Kay. And this is why her crash the next week was so hard!
























No comments:
Post a Comment