Sunday, March 6, 2016

Mardi Gras Arizona Style

While living in Provo Virginia and Scott Barrett invited us to a Mardi Gras party the week before Madison was born. They had a crab boil, beads, masks, a Mardi Gras game, and King Cake. They had lived in New Orleans for a couple of years before they moved to Provo so they decided to share their tradition with us.
We had so much fun at that party, that we decided to try to do it again this year. I don't know much about Mardi Gras so I don't know when you are officially supposed to celebrate but we did everything on the day of Mardi Gras. It was a lot of fun. Nothing fancy, just something different to shake things up. Unfortunately the King Cake didn't happen so no one found the baby Jesus, but there's always next year.

Not to toot my own horn, but the boil turned out delicious! I couldn't find corn on the cob anywhere so that was a bummer but everything else was amazing! 
Kelsey decided to sport a more liberal Mardi Gras look while Ethan and I decided to sport a more conservative look.  Just keeping it real

No comments:

Post a Comment