We had a little ice cream bar and opened gifts. It was simple and perfect. I really wanted to do something more elaborate but it just wasn't in the cards this year. Hopefully when Madison has the ability to hold onto memories I can come up with something awesome. Until then, I think low key is the way I might play it.
This was my sad attempt at making the cupcakes fancier than they were. The thing is I don't even feel bad. It is what it is. Some talents we have, others we don't. I can live with that
The party went really well and Madison had a great time, until we gave her a cupcake. I mean it could have been the hat that she hated, but we took that off and she still hated the cupcake. She literally spit the frosting out. Once Madison got her berries, she was a happy camper. #lifegoals #cleaneating
Here is Kelsey at her first birthday.
The rest of the evening was spent surrounding Madison and telling her how wonderful she is. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pretty awesome party to me.
Happy Birthday Madison. I can't believe that you are one! We love you so much and you bring us so much joy and happiness.
The party list included:
Aunt Kay
Papa and Grandma Nelson
Edie Bizjak
Rich and Kristy Randell
Jordyn and Kathryn Randell













As I was reading about Rooster not liking the cupcake I had flashbacks of Kelsey on her 1st birthday!! And then you put up the pics of Kelsey on her 1st birthday. Perfect. That is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it HILARIOUS! I mean, I'm all for healthy eating, but you personally know how much I love sugar. I just don't understand my crazy kids. No smash cakes in this house
ReplyDelete