Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me

I have a December birthday. Despite what people say, its not that bad. I actually love it. Everyone is just in a better mood around my birthday. That being said, yes I do have to share my birthday with Christmas parties and Christmas things and during school I always had a final or some paper due on my birthday,  but I don't mind. I love my birthday.

I get so excited for my birthday that the first part of the month doesn't really feel like Christmas because I am getting into birthday mode. Once my birthday is over than I feel like I can start celebrating Christmas. Its a weird system but I think thats what helps me separate my birthday and Christmas.

This year, being in Arizona we thought we would do something so awesome and non Christmas related that it was going to feel like summer. Well, we are creatures of habit so by the time my birthday came we ended up going ice skating. In our defense there were very few non Christmas related things to do because again, my birthday is in December. Its true what they say, you can take the girl out of the Christmas looking season, but you can't take the Christmas looking season out of the girl. They do say that.

This is the sign I woke up to! I am one lucky lady


So like I said, this year Ethan and I went ice skating and to a place called Chelsea's kitchen for dinner. Aunt Kay watched the girls so it was a really fun night out. Chelsea's kitchen was phenomenal. We got the appetizer nachos that ended up being bigger than our faces and shared a fancy shrimp thing with kale salad. The cool part was that we got to sit outside. It was a bit chilly on the patio but they had space heaters and a fire place so it was very comfortable.
 
After dinner we went "ice skating." I don't know what we were thinking. We live in Arizona and paid 5 dollars to go to an OUTDOOR skating rink on a night where the temperature only dropped to 47 degrees. It was one of the best things I have ever done
.

The skating rink was like a bunch of plastic tables taped together. You know when you step on an ice rink and kind of slide? Yeah, that didn't happen. You could full on walk.  They weren't even cold!! It was hilarious. To make it even better was the fact that it was like 10 by 25.


There was a guy who showed up about the same time we did. He mentioned he was from Iowa and was excited to go ice skating. He literally stepped onto the "ice", paused, and turned around and walked off. It was hilarious! It should have been a disaster but it was just too pathetic and funny not to be!



Sunday was my actual birthday and after church Aunt Kay came over for dinner, we opened a few gifts, watched a birthday movie that the girls made for me, and made peppermint ice cream. I had tons of texts, messages, calls, and letter. I purposely didn't go to the mail box for a few days so that I could get my birthday cards on my birthday. It was such a fun day!




No comments:

Post a Comment