Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ward Halloween Party

Ethan and I were in charge of the ward Halloween party this year. With the help of an amazing committee, who really did more work than me, we were able to pull this thing off with out a hitch. 
It was awesome and for once in my life I actually had fun at a party that I hosted. You know how it goes.. party anxiety. I think because I personally did so little, I didn't have as much invested, so I was able to have fun in the end. 
Life lesson don't work as hard and you have more fun. 

We spent a lot of time organizing the games and food the day before. Here is the family shopping trip to Sam's Club. 



I love this group of pictures. I am always asking Ethan to take picture with me in them (I'm always behind the camera) and so recently he started going crazy. He think he is hilarious and takes like 14 pictures of the same thing. Even while people are moving out of the picture he keeps snappin'. This perfectly represents what I mean. These pictures crack me up! 

Say cheese

Thats enough Ethan
Ethan!

I spent the morning filling balloons at Walmart. That deserves a blog post in itself but for the sake of my fingers lets just say I got the Walmart love and charm that we all know so well.  I was directed to 4 different people before the right place and ended up tying and stringing the balloons all by myself. Once the two workers filling the balloons with helium, watched me tie and string balloons with my teeth due to a lack of hands, I think they felt bad that I was paying them to watch me fill balloons and they started helping me string them. Whatever,. It got done and in the end I ended up inviting them to the party and talking about the church so it was a good experience after all. When I left we even used first names. We are pretty tight. 


We got to the church at 3:30 and with the help of my amazing committee we were ready by 5 for people to come. 
Here's what we did (in case I have to do this again)
~ Hot dogs in the bun in foil so that people just had to grab a hot dog once in line
~ Pitchers of soda on the tables
~ A section for tables a section for games
     Games included
          ~ Pumpkin corn hole
          ~ Pin the Boo on the Ghost
          ~ cup cake walk
          ~ Pumpkin bowling with 2 liter cans
          ~ Face painting
          ~ Go fish
          ~ Guess the candy
          ~ "Hayride" Cardon Jones made a train that you attach to a golf cart. Literally one of the coolest things I have ever seen. 

~Each station had supplies and directions and who to contact for help in a bag waiting for the youth
~ Ethan MCed the event 

The ward provided chips and hot dogs and everyone else brought a side. There weren't very many sides but honestly, I didn't even care. That was up to them and if they didn't provide there were plenty of hot dogs and chips.
For dessert we had candy as the center piece and a cupcake walk for the kids. Again, if people wanted more than that, there was a Sonic down the street :)


 



We were so excited because the Randells came to the party. Any time with Jordyn and Kathryn is a good time.

Getting ready to roll some hot dogs. Thanks Subway for teaching me how to roll things really fast. I literally got complimented on my sandwich rolling skills.

All the Cinderellas on the committee!
And then of course there was Trunk or Treat.

We were all cleaned up and home by 8 pm. It was such a fun night and lots of people came. All in all I am really glad that I got to help run it, but I can honestly say I'm glad its over.




No comments:

Post a Comment