This year however was going to be different. We had a plan, we had a date, we had a reservation, and we had a babysitter. It was going to be awesome. I even got Ethan a gift this year (two boxes of toaster strudel. Best wife ever!) And then Friday happened.
We wanted to take Kelsey to the BYU gymnastics meet because we knew that she would love it. We took her to the park, got a pizza and were ready to party. While we were at the meet, which she TOTALLY LOVED!!!, I started getting so uncomfortable. Soon discomfort turned into sick, and I needed to go home. At first we thought it was just end of pregnancy stuff, but then Kelsey started acting sick too. Long story short, Kelsey and I were just on the brink of food poisoning.
*Kelsey really did love the gymnastics meet. She got to see Cosmo, danced to all the dances, and when they were doing their tricks she would go "Awesome! I want to do that." She loves all things dance.
After a long night, it was Valentines Day and it was spent pretty differently than we had intended. Plans changed and I spent most of the day in bed, but I honestly have never felt more cared. Ethan and Kelsey show me every day that they care, but today they went above and beyond. Ethan cleaned the house and did the laundry, he did all things Kelsey including taking her to two parks on a walk, and to a BYU tennis match, he ran my errands, brought me beautiful flowers, and sacrificed going to the BYU game to sit at home and watch it with me. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is just flat out kind. He sees a need and fills it. Not to be too gross , but in the middle of the night when things were looking bleak, he was immediately at my side, holding my hair, rubbing my back, and helping me switch bowls because I was too sick to do so. He even got Kelsey all bathed and cleaned up and switched her sheets without even waking me up. I literally had no clue that Kelsey was sick too because he acted so quickly. He literally did everything. It was not a fun day necessarily but I really felt so special.
I emerged once from my room to find the washing machine going, a spotless house, Kelsey playing in her room, and Ethan doing the dishes. Love this picture. It makes me feel so blessed and taken care of.
At one point Kelsey said she missed me, brought her books into my bed and said "I read to you mom." Melt my heart! She also made me water soup and juice.
My Valentines day treats. Ethan took Kelsey to the store to get me some "treats" and flowers. When Kelsey surprised me with the juice and crackers she goes "Happy Birthday mom!! Now you can share with me!"
This is what Valentines day looked like in our house! Kelsey loves that creepy little turtle. We were so excited to give it to her too. She named him Tiny Tim.
We did have some bright moments. Kelsey thought it was funny to put Tiny Tim in her tummy and say that she was having a baby. She has started going up to my tummy saying "Baby sister come out!" Yesterday she said "Baby sister come out so you can meet baby turtle!" It was so cute.
She has also started giving my tummy kisses. I know she will still struggle with the newness of everything but it gets me excited to see just how excited she potentially is for her little sister. Fingers crossed that this will last.
Happy 7th Valentines Day to this guy. He is the kindest person I know
Some other bright notes included Jed and Andrea stopping by with a Valentines Day balloon and treats and opening our Valentines cards from Grandmas. When Kelsey opened each one she would go "Awesome!" I wish I could have recorded it. She loved them so much.





So cute! I am sorry you both were sick though. That stinks. Champion husband!
ReplyDelete