Saturday, January 3, 2015

December Photos

So much has happened lately and in the process of trying to catch up I had a ton of pictures that had no place.
This is way back from October, but we had a sick day from nursery and Ethan prepared the best lesson for Kelsey. It was about how Elijah was able to make fire with the help of God. We had some dry ice so it turned out to be an awesome visual lesson. She was little nervous at first, inhaled some of the smoke which made her sick, but all in all it was awesome.
 Back to December:
Nap times have become rarer and rarer as the month went on. Even quiet time would just turn into 30 minutes of reading. Unfortunately I think we are pass that stage of life. Its funny to me how hard she fights nap time and yet when she's tired she still just crashes anywhere. She still needs naps but hates missing out. Kelsey is just like her mother.
I watched this one happen. She walked into her room and then laid down like this and slept
 Outside the Cannon Center  
Don't remember this but obviously it happened
She wanted to see the pictures I was working on and then stayed like this for about 2 hours. I'll take that any day!
She wanted mommy to hold her and then I found her like this
She wanted to say hi to dad because he just got back from a final and I turned around to find them like this.

When nap time isn't happening we manage to fit in a lot of fun. Because December was so warm we were able to do a lot outside including trips to BYU to see the dancers,swimmers, and volleyball players, a trip to ride the ponies at Thanksgiving point which she did for 10 straight minutes because there was no line, and plenty of walks and park time.
When the nights came and it was chilly and thats when we would play with Ralphie. I'm pretty sure they are watching a movie. Regardless, they both need a nap. 

 Kelsey LOVES to peel oranges. She always asks, opens the "bridge" grabs an orange and peels away. She started peeling so many, and not eating them, that we had to hide the oranges. Kelsey loves her orange peeling

Despite all our efforts, one of her many colds turned into a really really bad fever and a few bad days/nights. She slept awful and it just made me nervous for having a new born again actually. During the day she would just sit and stare or watch TV. She didn't eat for days. It was so sad. Luckily medicine would help her get really perky again so sometimes we had this:
 but sometimes we had this:
 It was a rough few days for everyone.

Kelsey and Ethan had a few dates themselves. One of the days that was a tad more chilly they went to the park all bundled up. There she mastered the twisty staircase and was so proud of herself.
 Oh my gosh! So one night at dinner we were eating and Kelsey all of a sudden goes "Oh no! The poor croutons!" We turned around and saw the bag of croutons sticking out of the cupboard like this. We laughed so hard.
 In December we went to a lot of basketball games. Utah was the most crowded and Kelsey and I sat on the floor so we left at halftime, but most games we can sit where ever we want and Kelsey can climb all the bleachers she wants.

 Kelsey found her dream bed at Bed Bath and Beyond


 Kelsey learned how to turn on the lights and now does it all the time. If we do it instead of her she cries.


  I made this for my mom and dad and LOVED how it turned out. I made something similar for Diana and Robert too but forgot a picture.



 Andrea ran at Pre Nationals and got 4th! She did so good. We were so proud of her. She went on to nationals and got 46th. She had such an amazing season. Her last race was really emotional for the whole family because her last race meant the end of running and racing on a team for all of us. We have had someone on a team competing for about 20 years and now its all over. It was so emotional for all of us.


Kelsey LOVES to pick out her own outfits and does every single day. Sometimes I can talk her into things that match, but sometimes I choose to lose the battle. One day I just went with it and we ended with this little number.
 Typically she chooses a dress or a skirt and most of the time wears both. I can get her to wear one pair of pants because I told her they were the pants that James wears on Sofia the first and I can get her to wear three shirts because she thinks they are dresses. Its a headache when it matters what she wears, but most days its just kind of fun to see what she comes up with.


 Hannah won a signed football and was nice enough to give it to Ethan. It was obviously a big enough deal to remember it for the rest of our lives.
 Ethan also won a Dominion game 282 to 12. He was ecstatic.

At some point, Ethan had bro date with his buddies in the program and they all went to a BYU game in the pouring rain. They got to sit really close and got tons of treats thanks to Dallin Salmon, but when Ethan got home he was SOAKED! I was so glad I missed that game.


 Over the holiday season I hit 6 months and 7 months. Typing this I am now 33 weeks and I'm beginning to feel stressed about how little we have prepared for this sweet child to come to our home. We really need to get going! Poor little girl. She's going to end up sleeping in a box with no name.




2 comments:

  1. Cami you're so cute! I loved all the sleeping photos!

    PS in Finland since the 1930's, the government gives every mother a box (with a mattress pad and some other baby stuff) with each child & is commonly used as a bed for said child. The thought behind it is that no matter what background the child is born into, they each get an equal start in life. Finland also has the lowest infant mortality rate. So, if you have a box you're all set! You'll only have to stress about the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute family, especially loved your sleeping pictures....so cute:)

    ReplyDelete