We are so excited to finally be able to tell people about our new addition! GIRL number two is coming on February 21st and we couldn't be happier. I typically wait a bit longer than the average person to announce that I am pregnant but I just would hate to have to untell such exciting news. You just never know what can go wrong. I was getting past the point of being able to hide my belly though so word had to get out!!
This pregnancy was a bit tricky too with insurance and being in Chicago. While I was in Chicago I was horribly sick. Now when I sick horribly sick, some women may laugh because I never once lost my lunch. My body just doesn't do that, but most mornings I would just lie on the couch while Kelsey would watch HOURS of TV. I felt bad for the imbalance in our lives, but I couldn't move. It was awful. That's why we thought it was a boy. I just didn't remember feeling like that last time however last time I didn't even have a job let alone a two year old. Things were able to be quite different for me in the first trimester. Ethan was a saint and never once complained about the no dinner nights or the house looking like a complete DISASTER all the time. I was so sick that when I look at certain pictures from Chicago I just get this terrible feeling in my stomach that I can't shake! No fun. Any way, I ate a LOT of tomatoes and goldfish (cravings are weird) and was able to make it back to Utah somehow (having Diana come helped save my bacon too lets be honest!).
Our insurance was funky in Chicago and so we weren't able to go to the doctors office until we got back to Utah. More specifically we couldn't see a doctor until we got to Provo. By the time I went it was September 3rd. I went in for the typical first time appointment, but my measurements were so funky that they couldn't tell when I was due. The doctor said I was measuring small on the outside but big on the inside. They tried to a do an ultrasound but the baby was already too big to fit in the screen so they couldn't measure the baby. I still had no news to share with anyone and so we didn't want to share. Luckily, that appointment did in fact give me proof that I was pregnant, let me hear the heart beat, and allowed me to set up my "20" week ultra sound.
On October 8th, Ethan and I went in to the "20" week check up to find out how far along I was, when I was due and what we were having! It was super exciting. We found out that I was due the 21st of February, that I was 21 weeks, and that is was a GIRL!!! We were so surprised about the girl part that we made her tell us again. We totally thought it was a boy and this was completely surprising to us. We couldn't be happier though.
Kelsey still has no idea really whats going on. Sometimes she will ask for her baby sister but sometimes when we talk about it she looks at us like we are crazy people from mars. She did ask for a sister like Trey once and a baby like Ralphie another time so maybe its coming together. She loves babies though and always wants to hold the babies at church. I just wonder how she will act when our baby doesn't go "home." I mean what do you do right?!
Ethan and I are so excited and so grateful that everything looks okay so far. Insurance has worked out perfectly too and we feel very blessed in that regard. I'm just glad we could figure things out so that we could have another baby. We have wanted this for so long. I do have to say however that we are not thrilled about picking another girls name. We have that feeling of, "we've already done this once and don't want to do it again" when it comes to names! We are struggling in that arena!
So there are the dets for baby two that we have been dying to share! I was pregnant all of June July and August which made Chicago and traveling more of an adventure, but we still did so many fun things that we can't complain. Now that I am in my second trimester, I feel amazing. Sometimes (SOMETIMES!) I forget that I am pregnant because I feel so great, but then I go to like tie my shoes and its like "there it is!" Its amazing how quickly you really do grow the second time. I mean I already struggle to tie my shoes and get out of bed. I'm also having way more just over all uncomfortableness in my back, hips, and legs than I did last time. Its nothing that prevents me from running or taking care of Kelsey but its that over all feeling of just discomfort that I didn't really feel until 7 months. Basically all I am trying to say is that I love having kids, but I hate being pregnant. At least the sickness has gone away right?!
Here's to February coming fast!



No comments:
Post a Comment