September is officially the fastest month of the year in my opinion. Faster than December which means something. Every year it just flies by and here we are almost to the end of it yet again. Since its almost over, I just wanted to jot down the few things we did between getting back to Provo and adjusting to the start of school. It really is our last shout out to summer too since September was still so hot which we loved because we didn't really get summer weather this year.
I went tubing down the Provo river with some MBASA friends. Maybe the most honest fun I have had in months. It was a rocky start to get on the river considering the tube guy was 45 minutes late, and then the bus wouldn't start, and then we all thought he was drunk, but eventually we got all the tubes tied together and we were off. Within 30 seconds Shellee fell in the river and from that point on we didn't stop laughing. At some point I ran into the side where all of the trees were and flipped over into the river and instead of standing up or swimming towards the floating people I freaked out and stood on a rock and screamed. It was embarrassing how fast my inner wuss came rushing out once I was in the water. That of course only sent everyone into greater hysterics which made them too weak to help me. Eventually I was forced to swim through seaweed and made it back to the raft. Side note, the water was maybe 2 feet deep, I am just that big of a wimp!!!
I think Heather fell in and Katie and Virginia jumped in to guide the tubes, but Shellee and I full blown flipped in pure panic. I love my MBASA ladies! What a great kick off to school.
| Me, Stacey Morris, Kristina, Shellee Salmon, Katie Apker, Virgina, Heather Palmer |
Needless to say, we went swimming in the bathtub after a 30 minute nap on our towel at the park.
Kelsey loves her besty Ralphie and during the BYU/Virgina home game (where Katie Apker and I almost passed out and sat under the bleachers because it was so hot!!) Kelsey got to stay and play at Ralphie's house. Apparently they went swimming in bowls and it was the best thing ever!
Ralph lent Ethan his road bike and gear and before school started they went for a nice long bike ride up the canyon. I'm so glad that Ralph and Elisa moved to Provo. We have totally missed their friendship.
Ethan just taking time out of his schedule to read to Kelsey. He is an amazing man.
Texting Grandma. This might be my favorite 2 year old outfit that we own. When she puts the ears on, she sings "Mickey Mouse clubhouse" its as adorable as you can imagine.
Baby is hands down our favorite toys. We tuck baby in multiple times a day, baby goes potty (and uses a HALF a roll of toilet paper!!), baby eats dinner, baby reads books, and we always give baby a hug before we leave for anything. We love baby. My favorite thing about baby is that Kelsey always has me wrap her in her blanket. I also love how she talks to baby aka the things she hears me say to her such as
"come mere" "Shh, its okay" "love you baby" "awe... you are SO cute" and so much more. I just love how she mothers baby. It really makes me proud that she shows so much love especially in a world that tires to say that little girls shouldn't want to be mothers. I love it Kelsey!
I also love when she gets dressed up. She puts on her purse, her bracelets, her Punzel shoes, and anything else that she can find that is girly and walks around the house. I love that my little girl is so girly!
Speaking of girly, this is what we do at the library. You don't?
I set my glasses down after using the computer and realized I put them on the mouse pad like this. It made me laugh so much harder than it should have.
One morning I decided it was time to be done with a crib and switch to a big girl bed. It was so spontaneous and it has worked perfectly. It was definitely time because Kelsey was so excited about it that she never once has tried to leave her bed. She loves it. She loves it A LOT!!! She always talks about her big girl bed and tells us about all the people she knows who sleep in one too: Skyler, Daddy, Gramma, Holden, Hannah, Jed, Ralphie and Sadie. I'm just so grateful that she transitioned so easily. I wish I could say that its because we are awesome parents and that all our kids will transition this smoothly, but I know better. Best part about it is that she has only fallen out of it once and still waits for us to let her out in the mornings. She will just sit and read in her bed until we open the door! It is so heavenly.
She may be "big" but she's still my adorable little baby. And yes, it is mandatory to sleep with that many books every time she sleeps!
Andrea rented another puppy and let us come over and play with her. Her name was Anne and Kelsey almost died when she saw her. Between Anne, the neighbors bunny and Jed Kelsey thought she had died and gone to heaven.
One of Ethan's climbers had us over for authentic Chinese food. Her name is Wei-Wei and her husband's name is Walter. They were the sweetest couple and amazing cooks.
At the end of the dinner they thanked US for coming by giving Kelsey a gift. Talk about kind! I can't wait to have them over for dinner and show them some American food. There were so many things that they hadn't tried before. The pressures on to make it taste heavenly so they have a good feel for American food.
This girl loves to do the dishes. I mean LOVES to do the dishes. One time I got home from a run and Kelsey was screaming so loudly that I could hear her on the street. I got in and asked what was going on. With a smile on his face Ethan said, "I did the dishes without her." I don't know how we lucked out, but she loves to do the dishes. I'm totally going to store this for when she's 11 and fights me about her turn to do the dishes.
We had the opportunity to go see Hannah's most recent Humor U show where she told a hilarious joke about Lehi's dream and her room mate Goldy. We didn't want to disrupt the performers and so during the parts that Hannah wasn't in Ethan took Kelsey to a class room and let her play with the chalk. I just can't get enough of this outfit and this picture.
During adult session of stake conference we offered to babysit a few of the ward kids since 8 and older were invited to conference meaning all the babysitters were out. Ethan played soccer with Locke and Ethan and I fed the 4 two year olds popcorn while they watched Frozen. It was a pretty sweet set up. Kelsey kept trying to hug Locke and little Ethan kept following big Ethan around so the night was not missing any laughs. (apparently little Ethan prayed for big Ethan in his prayers that night. So cute!)
Kelsey was helping daddy with homework. She wanted to hold the laptop and I just couldn't resist.
Katie and I unintentionally wore the same outfit to church today. I will match Katie any day because she is an amazing dresser! She gives me all sorts of tips.
Kelsey wearing Ethan's glasses.
My adorable fall model. This outfit just kills me! I love it so much.
And here's what you get when you let a two year old play with the camera. A picture of Daddy, a picture of mommy, and a picture of Kelsey
Happy September!!!






























No comments:
Post a Comment