While we were staying with the Wings in Bountiful, Kelsey and I were able to attend the Ogden temple open house with Diana and Robert. Ethan had to start orientation unfortunately so he had to miss it, but the rest of us had a really nice visit on that windy morning. I am so grateful that they went they took us. I really wanted to go, but didn't think that I would get tickets because we were in Chicago. I am also really grateful that Diana and Robert took us because Kelsey threw a FIT when they put the plastic booties on her feet. She wouldn't even stand up let a lone walk. Its no big deal, but because she did that I was left to carry her through the whole temple. I'm not that far along but I am already finding myself very short of breath especially upstairs. I was getting so tired carrying her and Diana and Robert noticed immediately. Without even asking (in a polite way :) they took Kelsey through out the whole temple. They were so cute with her too. They kept pointing out pictures and all the beautiful detail. Kelsey was still 2 and lost attention pretty quickly, but it was still really neat for me to get to watch.
Its amazing how different the Ogden temple now looks. It is a beautiful temple and on September 21st we got to attend the dedication which was another very special experience. I am so grateful for temples on this earth. I know with all my heart that they really are the house of the Lord and they because of what is done inside families can be together forever. That means everything to me in a world full of so much wickedness. I love the temple and will always work to make sure that I can enter its doors.
No comments:
Post a Comment