Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Montrose Beach

July 16th, Kelsey and I took advantage of the warm day and headed to Montrose beach for a day in the sand (still too cold for the water. When I say warm I mean it hit the 80's).
This is the north end of the city where we parked. Pretty cool huh?!
This is what the lake front looks like for miles. Miles of concrete pathway/stairways. The bottom level drops off straight into the water. Its pretty cool. The bottom level is actually always really tempting on a hot day but they try to keep people out of the lake in the non beachy areas so that life guarding will be easier. We all know that I would never job anyway. I'm too much of a wimp when it comes to cold water.
And here is Montrose Beach. Its no California and definitely no Pineview, but it was sand and a chance to get out of the city. 
Kelsey hated sand when we went to Cali in January but on July 16th I had a totally different girl. As soon as she saw the sand her shoes were off and they stayed off for 3 hours. She LOVED it. It was kind of scary because there was a lot of glass around so I just prayed really hard and then followed her picking up all the glass chunks that I found.


We ate our picnic on this rock wall and again she loved it. I think she just loved being outside since he day before was dedicated to laundry and cleaning.
If you look real close you can see Kelsey chasing the seagulls! It was hilarious until she came back with bird poop on her feet. She was so happy though, I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop. Naturally I joined in on the fun.


I' don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed,  but this is what our house looks like most mornings. I tend to get the energy to clean it up right before Ethan gets home so he never knows that I am turning into a closet messy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment