On Tuesday June 24th Kelsey and I made a trip down to Hyde park to visit the Osaka Gardens. We made it there very smoothly which is impressive because I had to drive on three different freeways with no GPS. I was super nervous but it went great. Despite the smooth drive down, parking was a DISASTER!! The worst parking experience I have ever had. We drove around for almost an hour looking for a place to park. It was a street cleaning day so only the East sides of the streets were functional which didn't help at all. I even tried to pay to park but those were full too. It was terrible! We finally found a place to park, made our humid walk over to the park and got to enjoy.
Because parking too so long we couldn't check off anything left on my list. Fortunately on the way out we were able to pass some pretty cool things.
The Frederick Robbie House, the last of the Wright homes that I wanted to see
I really don't know what this is, but it was pretty cool
This is the fountain of time. It was huge!
And then we made it to the freeway. We went home a different way then we came which turned out great because on the way home we passed the White Sox's stadium.
However, we hit lunch traffic so this was odometer for about 5 miles. Nice huh?! Funny thing about Chicago: the "busy" times on the freeway include early morning getting to work, breakfast traffic, lunch traffic, getting home traffic, dinner traffic, and late night traffic. Basically if you are going to drive on the freeway just plan on getting stopped. Period
Not related, but still pretty cool. We went back to Lincoln Park and saw some new things that we had never seen before.
This is a 6 way intersection, the most common type of intersection in Chicago and they are CRAZY!!! You can either turn left or sharp left, right or sharp right, or go straight two different ways. Yeah. I still mess up every time I have to use one.
The Dewes Mansion: just a really cool old building in Lincoln Park
The mural when you drive into our neighborhood. Welcome to West Town yo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment