Friday June 20th, we stopped at a West Town favorite called Fatso's! It was delicious charred Chicago dogs and burgers with some of the best fires I have ever tasted. The best part about Fatso's was the neighborhood feel to it. Everyone talked to everyone. Everyone was asking about each other's weekends and if they liked their summer plans and stuff like that as if they had known each other for years. It was awesome. I love that about Chicago. People really have a sense of pride and unity for their neighborhood. Unlike anywhere I have ever seen. Strangers just stop acting like strangers if they know you are from the same neighborhood.
We just got Fatso's but we were tempted to get a double fatso with cheese. That is 5 patties with all the fixings with cheese! We felt like we had to out of respect for Fatso's but we just couldn't stomach eating FIVE hamburger patties! That's a lot of hamburger! Ethan settled for two
After Fatso's we tried to go to a pie place called Hoosier Mamas but it was closed because 7:30 on a Friday night is late right?!
Luckily down the street was the West town bakery and it did not disappoint. Again a very neighborhood feel to it. Everyone was talking to everyone like they actually cared about each other. This place was especially cool because they went with a graffiti theme for the exterior and interior which made it really fun. They had board games that you could play and had a glass room where they made all the pastries so that you could watch if you caught it in time.
![]() |
| I think I'm itching my leg or something but it was the best picture of me from the night |
There were so many things to choose from, but I thought the cake balls just looked so cute! Apparently they are the 2014 people's choice award winners for best doughnuts. It would make sense too because all the doughnuts were gone.
But no worries! We got this delicious chocolate cake. Basically it was a brownie, covered in pudding, covered in fudge, sprinkled with chocolate bars. Yeah. It was delicious.




yum!
ReplyDelete