We arrived in Chicago at about 1pm their time and went
straight to our new home. Not gonna lie, the first sight of the city was
terrifying. I didn't have any excitement. Just pure terror. I was missing my
Provo bubble. To make things worse we drove
through a rougher part of town to get to our house because we didn't know any different. All I saw were the stereo typical inner city things that you
see on tv that are super scary especially for this Utah girl. I say Utah girl because lets be honest, I moved from Washington when I was 18 and have lived in Utah ever since. WOW!!! That's weird to actually think about. I 've been in Utah since 2006!!! WHAT THE?!
We finally made it to our
neighborhood and what a difference. Our neighborhood is beautiful, our apartment is beautiful and super nice, and our landlady is genuinely the
nicest person I have ever met. Once we got inside, unloaded, and walked around, and
things got better. We really live in a beautiful neighborhood that is super quiet and very clean. Chicago is just funny in the sense that there isn't a bad part and a good part of town. There are pockets of everything everywhere. You just have to know what pocket to be in. We live in a good pocket but drove through a bad one. And when I say bad, its not even that bad. Through my Provo eyes it was a lot worse than it really is/was.
We were finally here. After 6 months of talk, 6 months of anticipation, 6 months of planning, we were here!! We made it as Kelsey would say
We were finally here. After 6 months of talk, 6 months of anticipation, 6 months of planning, we were here!! We made it as Kelsey would say
No comments:
Post a Comment