Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hapy Birthday Ralphie

Tuesday May 13th, we got a text from Elisa asking if we wanted to meet at Kangaroo Zoo for an impromptu birthday party for Ralphie. Obviously we got over there as fast as we could. We love the Johnson's so much and find every excuse possible to be with them.
Ralphie and Kelsey were in heaven. Kelsey said Ralphies name at least 100 times before we got there because she was so excited to see him. When she finally got to see him, she ran over and gave him a big hug. It melted my heart how much she loves her friends.
Anyway, we had a great visit and the kids had a blast.
I didn't know about Kangaroo Zoo but it was a perfect place for someone like Kelsey. It is a giant warehouse full of bounce houses and slides of all different sizes. She could climb, run, jump, and slide without really hurting herself or anyone else. Perfect! (that being said she ran into Ralphie and hurt her check and to this day May 25, every time some talks about checks or asks her about Ralphie, she goes "Ralphie face?" Shes a little obsessed)

 Kangaroo Zoo has toys for all ages so naturally we lead Ralphie and Kelsey over to the "2 year old" sections and they were satisfied for like 3 minutes and then they took off.


 We kinda were following them, but mostly talking to Ralph and Elisa, and when we finally paid attention we found them in the "5 year old" section and they were loving it.

 We got to talking, looked up, and again they were gone to the bigger sections. Point of the story, they were never satisfied and would just encourage each other to do bigger and better. It was super cute. They always had to be together.


 I was a huge fan of Kelsey climbing the ladders and going down the slides all by her self, but there was one slide that I really didn't want her to go on. It was like 50 feet tall and super fast. I know it was onto air foam but still. Well I was talking to Elisa and watching Ralphie jump down this slide thing and decided to check to see where Ethan and Kelsey were and this is what I saw...

Right?! I was a little spooked, but Ethan told me not too worry. It was her third time already. Nice move dad. It was a little fast, but she really did like it.



After a few more slides and obstacle course, Ralphie and Kelsey ended the day with a wrestling match. There was lots of laughter and no tears, so over all a major success.

 
It just feels right when your best friends are around. 
I hope we can play this at their wedding someday. Too far? 
 
Naturally we ended the celebrations with lunch at Pizza Pie Cafe. EVERYONE was pleased with that decision.

Its day's like this that make us miss the Johnson's so much. We can not WAIT wait for them to move to Provo. Move faster already!

No comments:

Post a Comment