Monday, March 24, 2014

Provo Chalk Festival


 *To the casual reader. Do your self a favor and skip this post. I promise it will be a waste of time unless you know about the Spanish fork Chalk festival. Please. Save yourself!

The Spanish Fork chalk festival is always a pretty big deal here in Provo. When I was a sophomore in college I went and it was one of the craziest things I have ever been to. 5000 students throwing colored chalk in the air making it so that you literally can not breathe, or see, or hear for like 30 seconds. And it is terrible. The chalk gets in your eyes and you just have to cry and cry for hours to get it all out. You hop in the car and your car gets ruined. You are in a giant mosh pit of students who are not drunk but acting like so and everyone is wearing white so you can't recognize the people you came with. It overall just sums up college right?! Any way, since my sophomore year, this chalk festival got bigger and bigger and bigger. One year we tried to go (yes we went back) and the traffic was so bad, that we were at a stand still 5 miles away from the sight. The line of cars was 5 miles long! I haven't been in a ton of traffic so I was just shocked. 
Now a days, the chalk festival has tickets and different throwing times to avoid such terrible traffic and mayhem.
 The other day I was on a run and saw that Provo was going to do a chalk festival. I didn't want to go, but I thought it would be fun for Kelsey to see it. Its pretty fun to see all the colors go up in the air. 
Right before we went over to see the chalk, we decided to see the details for the festival. 

I just have one question. Did Weston write this?! It reeks of Weston! 

-Better quality chalk - eye friendly and easy to wash off your clothes
-Multiple DJs spinning Top 40, Hip Hop, EDM, Mashups, etc. provided by our top local DJ's Kanani, Jerry & RM RickyMiami
-Insane state of the art sound system - that bass to make you vibrate
-Roaming Photography & Videography
-Multiple booths and eating areas - perfect for getting that number and meeting new people
-Easy parking
-Food and Drink booths
-5,000+ people expected
-Performances by the top local artists Mimi Knowles & John Allred

Age 18+
Dress: Wear White
--
General Admission $10
Admission + 3 chalk packets $15
Admission + 4 chalk packets & Sunglasses $20
We will be selling chalk for $2/bag or $10 for 7 bags that includes all colors.

 

Eye friendly chalk?! 30$ admission?! Music so good it vibrates my soul?! Seriously Weston!! Move on!

With all this hype we were excited to get over there. And we were NOT disappointed. We pulled up and saw about 100 people there! Literally 100 people!! I haven't laughed so hard in my life. The chalk was going up at random times and the soul wrenching music was just not that great. It was a moment I can not explain, but it was very precious to me and Ethan!




No comments:

Post a Comment