The Nelson's don't like to find out the sex of their babies and so we all waited in anticipation but secretly all knowing that it was a boy. Well, we were wrong!! ITS A GIRL!! Kayla Mary was born Thursday February 20th and I think the whole family is still trying to get used to the Nelson's having a girl.
While Scott and Karolyn were in the hospital I got to hang out with the boys for a few days. I hae no cool stories like last time, but it was still a good time. Everyone was very well behaved and super helpful. Kelsey and Trey entertained each other the whole time, Skyler was at school of the day, and Carson is so easy going that he would just play by himself. I'm not saying it was quiet, but it wasn't too bad.
It was kinda fun even to get a taste of big family life.
There was a lot of tv, a lot of quesadillas, a lot of music, and a lot of tv. Sorry Scott and Karolyn. Babysitters got a do what a babysitters got a do.
We did do some fun activities though including, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, vacuuming the car... JK
We went to Target where Kesley screamed the whole time and Carson helped me pick out a present for Kayla, We went to the hospital to visit their new sister, (which was a new thing for me: getting 4 littler kids through a parking lot and into a building)
and we went to Arctic Circle for lunch and to play for an hour.
Despite the loud van and getting the keys stuck in the ignition, things went pretty well. I'm just happy that I live close enough to help. I always feel so useless when family and friends live too far to help.
The only funny thing that I can remember was Skyler saying that now that he finally had a sister he didn't want her any more. He didn't know if he "was ready to always protect her and be her knight and shining armor." I don't know about you, but I think this little girl is going to be VERY protected by three older brothers.


No comments:
Post a Comment