Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Shoes and Headbands

Kelsey is such a girl and I'm so pleased. She loves babies, purses, princess, dresses, and especially shoes. She loves to say shoes and loves to put on shoes. Lets be honest, it may not be the shoes themselves but the Velcro that she loves so much but does that really matter? All of Kelsey's shoes are in a bin in her room and when we are leaving to go out, we always say, go get your shoes, and without fail no matter where we are going, she ALWAYS brings back her church shoes. Always. I don't know what it is about these shoes that she loves so much but she loves them. I mean LOVES them. Sometimes she will just bring them to me and say, "shoes?" even if we haven't asked her to bring them. The Sundays these shoes match her outfit, she gets so excited. She LOVES these shoes.
One night before a stake Christmas performance that I was in for church, she saw me getting ready and brought me her shoes even though she was staying home with dad to go to bed. It was adorable and finally gave us a chance to capture this moment forever.



Kelsey also LOVES to wear headbands. I wear headbands a lot around the house when my hair is short and I guess she thought that they looked way fun. One day she grabbed my headband and put it on. Now I don't wear my headband exactly like Kelsey sports it, but lets be honest... her way is probably more in style and way cuter!


In other news, I cut Kelsey's mullet again in hopes that her hair would be a little less crazy. I get so many comments about her hair and I just have to tell people that it does in fact drive me crazy too. We are just in that awkward hair phase. To fine to keep stuff in, too short to braid or pony, to long to leave down, etc. She also loves to rip out anything that I put in her hair. She did this so often that her hair started to break making our problem worse. For a few weeks I had to put nothing in her hair in hopes that it would grow and re-strengthen. It worked but she looked ridiculous! Luckily our efforts are working and she has stopped thinking its funny to yank out her hair. Long story longer, she had a nasty mullet, and I cut it to give her a little more of a bob so that at least when there is nothing in her hair, she has some shape. I didn't want to save her hair, so I took a picture to capture the color and the cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment