The weekend before the break we went to look at the lights at Riverwoods to get in the holiday mood. It was freezing and very windy, but the lights were very impressive. I would honestly say they were better than temple square.
They had fire pits all over the place but because of the wind they weren't exactly safe to be around!
When we finally made it to Bountiful, the first thing on the agenda was to see Catching Fire with Hannah! It was just as awesome the second time and it was great to see it with another huge fan.
Hilarious story: Hannah and I were so excited, but are both a little anxious when it comes to seeing movies. We pulled up like 40 minutes early and the parking lot was PACKED. We started to panic. Hannah literally jumped out of the moving car to run up and buy tickets while I drove around like a mad man trying to find a parking spot. I met Hannah at the ticket booth, and we had to wait in a small line to get our tickets, the whole time just FREAKING OUT! I grabbed our tickets and RAN into the theater, so find it 100% EMPTY!!! Not a single person was in the theater. It was hilarious.What wasn't hilarious was the couple that sat RIGHT in front of us when the entire theater was open. They made us move and in the process I hurt my ankle, because I was acting like a fool, but still. It was that couples fault. And they were lame too!
Despite our hardships :) we had a fantastic time and felt just as bad or worse for Peeta the second time. Oh Peeta. How pathetic you are.
Leading up to Thanksgiving was not captured but it was wonderful all the same. Lots of shopping, lots of games, lots of cooking, lots of dishes, lots of sorts, and just lazying around. It was wonderful. Kelsey had plenty of room to run around including the back yard and a garage! She had so many people to play with that mom was an after thought.
Thanksgiving brought the delicious goodness that you would expect!
The whole group around one table
To recover from our mountains of food, we all engaged in a little Wii tournament of Champions. I quickly realized that I am no Mario Kart champion, but me and Holden had fun at the bottom.
Group 1: The most focused group
Group 2 and then 3: The happiest and the most intense groups
Group 4: The most goofy group
Group 5:The most winningest group. Look at the concentration!
While the adults played Wii, Kels and Harps found many ways to keep themselves occupied mainly consisting of piano and dress up. Sorry the dress up pictures are so bad. You try taking a picture of two 18m olds running around! Not that easy.After Mario Kart, we all had a bowling competition. I didn't get a pic of everyone, but I do need to note that Reo successful photo boomed almost every bowling picture that I did get. Pardon the excessive bowling pics, but I need to show Reo!
And when that was all done, we finally made it to The Feast and Home Alone. The Feast may be my favorite part about Wing Thanksgivings.Side note: We also had a small birthday celebration for Reo and me since we won't be able to get together before Christmas.
Delicious Pumpkin and Caramel Apple pie
The next day we helped Diana set up the Christmas Tree and oh boy did Kelsey have a great time. She especially loved this spoon ornament. She kept putting it in her mouth and then going , yum!
Sadly, the week had to come to an end, but luckily Juliana knew that I get super depressed to leave family vacations and had an AWESOME egg nog party complete with Christmas everything. It was sad to leave, but thankfully Julie sent us off in the right mood.



No comments:
Post a Comment