Because so much of the game depends on our pamphlets and the DVD, there was not too much work for us to do. We set up a little crime scene and made some dinner and appetizers and the night was set.
The table setting The weapons
Everyone came more than amazingly dressed. It seriously knocked my socks
off how prepared everyone was and how in character they stayed the
whole night
The Cowans
Jack E Jackson and Countess Von Orlock
The Johnsons
Juan Pinto and Chastity Darling
The Duncans
Rev. Marlow Bates and Grace Dubnar (OUR MURDERER!!)
The Wings
J. Neil Gibson and Anne E Winslow
The Clarks
Mary-Lou Gibson and Detective Sam Silverman
Anne Winslow was the Nanny and Neil's hired help and so I thought that this character was most fitting as the hostess. It was also a lot of fun.
Appetizers
(I was able to knock out 4 states at this dinner including South Dakota, the last appetizer)
While the parents discussed and ate, Ralphie and Kelsey just played and played and played! They also ate a lot of food off the floor, but they were happy most of the night.
When the murder was solved we all enjoyed a Mississippi Mud Pie and an Indiana Sugar Cream pie, both delicious and 2 states done!
Over all people had a really great time. If I were to host one of these again, I would not be a character and I would read everyone's booklets so that I would know where the story is going. Our story got kinda weird in the middle and no one knew what to do. We didn't know if things were real or fake especially when someone pulled a werewolf card on us. Any way, it was still really fun, I just think that if I were ever a host again I would be the "detective" and help the story moving forward easier.
Oh man, that sounds like a lot of fun! I have always wanted to do something like that!
ReplyDelete