I took a long break from my states project but I decided that it was time to get going on the remaining states if I were to finish this project by the time we move back to Provo (I don't know if that is my goal date anymore, but it used to). The next few weeks are going to be crazy with states! This week I have dedicated to seafood. There were a lot of seafood dishes that I was nervous to try and didn't want to pay for and so I decided to make them all in the same week.
Maryland: Crab cakes and crab legs. I am mad I even made the crab cakes because they turned out terrible and the crab legs turned out fantastic. PS Crab is SUPER easy to cook and I should do it more often!
Wisconsin: NOT a seafood dish, but we had it the night of the Bees game and so I found it very fitting. If Jench taught me anything about Wisconsin its that Wisonsiners like, no LOVE their cheese so we had Cheese Brats with Cheese on top. She also told us that we must have custard but I got her email too late and so we had ice cream instead.
South Carolina: Shrimp and grits. Ethan and I were not a fan of the grits, mainly because of the memories that they bring, well and the texture. Every night my dads stomach blew up he had grits. Now I associate grits with a blown out stomach and I just can't enjoy them.Although we were not a fan Kelsey couldn't get enough of the grits. She loved them way more than anything else!Connecticut: Clam Pizza. This scared me so much that I actually only made a piece of the pizza with clams on it. It wasn't that bad though. Clams have the texture of bacon and with enough cheese you can eat anything right?
No comments:
Post a Comment