Tuesday, May 28, 2013

International Peace Park

What started as a trip to "poor mans Manito", turned into a FANTASTIC tour of our very own city. On Saturday we visited International Peace Park. I had never heard of it, Ethan had never heard of it, and so we decided to go. On Friday at work some one mentioned to Ethan that it was a place  with some nice gardens.  When we got there though we both were blown away at the beautify and variety. This park is park that has dedicated gardens to different countries leaving little bits of their culture in their garden.  Well groomed, beautiful flowers, and such nice tributes to so many countries. We had a lot of fun and were getting so many ideas on how to turn this park into a scavenger hunt or like a passport stamping trip for kids. It always makes me sad to discover places in the city that I live that I have never visited or even heard of. What else am I missing out on?! I mean I love it, but there is just so much to do in the world I better get crackin!
Ethan in Greece

Me in England

Kelsey and Dad in Switzerland
Me and Kelsey in America
My favorite spot... Dutch! Beautiful awning.


We think this is supposed to be the Stonehenge, but there was no sign and it doesn't really look like the Stonehenge so who knows. 
Me in Finland
Kelsey and Ethan in Italy
Ethan entering Germany
Ethan entering Lebanon
Me and Kelsey in Lebanon
 
Me in Japan

Ethan in Brasil. It was so funny, when Ethan saw Brazil he said, "Well there is nothing here to represent Brazil, but I guess in Brazil if you have a patch of grass you are doing well, so I guess this represents Brazil well."
Bird house in Netherlands
 
One chubba with another chubba in Mexico
Harp skills in Wales
Second favorite Vietnam
Ethan with Gandhi in India (Gandhi is the tiny head in the background)
Korean Posts

Kelsey's new trick when she is bored
Awesome butterfly bench in America
Kelsey in France
 Warrior poses in China
There were several other countries that didn't make the picture real mostly because they were a patch of cement with a flag pole holding the countries flag. It was a fantastic afternoon and I am so excited to take people there in the future. It was such a pleasant surprise for us and I'm certain others will feel that same way if they get to go.



1 comment:

  1. This is where Michelle had her bridals done! Gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete