Monday, April 1, 2013
Eating around the Nation
One week, I was really bored with the food that I was making and so I decided to make 5 new recipes from a brand new cook book. It was really fun and the food was deliciously refreshing. This little stunt sparked an idea. I decided that it would be fun to try a recipe from all 50 states. I have looked on blogs for recipes and for the states that I can not find I look to find what their national fruit or veggies are and make something from that. For example Georgia doesn't have a state "dish" but they are found of peaches and so I am going to make a peach dish.
I am not making the food in order because some ingredients are cheaper at certain times. As of now I have made Michigan, Arkansa, and Colorado. My rule is that I can't change the recipe like I normally do so that we can get the real taste of the state.
Michigan~Michigan Pasty's- I made this on my dad's birthday. I thought that that was rather fitting. We each gave this one thumb up. If I make this again, I will add more flavoring
Arkansas~ Fried catfish and Walmart green beans- We each gave this one thumb down. Not gross, but not good. Very flavorless
Colorado~ Chili Verde and avocados~ Two thumbs up from both of us. I will make this again. It is delicious!
So there they are, the first 3 states. Only 47 more to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cam! just make some fried chicken and you got georgia covered! its like on every corner down here. better yet...maybe just go get some kfc! hahaha just don't forget the side of green beans, peaches, and sweet tea. your recipes sound fun!
ReplyDeleteCan I have the chili verde recipe-looks good!
ReplyDelete